Type 2 Optimal BG range

nicktan147

I have been doing well for past several months, dieting and exercise without med will help lower my BG, due to my tight schedule, I have not been exercising quite lately. Probably 2 weeks once. Usually my reading will be around 5.1 - 5.8. Today, the reading was 6.4 mmol, which seems to be pretty high. What is the optimal/normal BG range for type 2?

And is it true that if you're sick or having flu will cause spike in BG? If this is true, it could probably cause by my flu. I having flu for days and I'm still now.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
And is it true that if you're sick or having flu will cause spike in BG? If this is true, it could probably cause by my flu. I having flu for days and I'm still now.

It will .... never read of anyone who wasn't hit by a jump, whether it be a cold or indeed a flu. Doesn't take much but the effect fluctuates

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
I have been doing well for past several months, dieting and exercise without med will help lower my BG, due to my tight schedule, I have not been exercising quite lately. Probably 2 weeks once. Usually my reading will be around 5.1 - 5.8. Today, the reading was 6.4 mmol, which seems to be pretty high. What is the optimal/normal BG range for type 2?

Hi nicktan147 I had really bad flu at Christmas and at one stage my BG rose to 14.3 came down as the flu started to go don't worry.:)