Optimal Glucose level for Ketosis???

tom2pin

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi there, So I've finally got myself a glucose monitor and I'm averaging 4.7 in the mornings and around 4.3 throughout the day whilst on keto. Seems pretty stable to me but I'm wondering if this is optimal for keto?? I spoke to a doctor and they said it was on the low side but they didn't have any knowledge on the keto science. Anyone have any info on this?

Thanks

Tom

tom2pin

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
PS...I wish I'd got a duel ketone/glucose monitor now but hey ho......urine strips aren't reliable after a while apparently

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi there, So I've finally got myself a glucose monitor and I'm averaging 4.7 in the mornings and around 4.3 throughout the day whilst on keto. Seems pretty stable to me but I'm wondering if this is optimal for keto?? I spoke to a doctor and they said it was on the low side but they didn't have any knowledge on the keto science. Anyone have any info on this?

Thanks

Tom
Sounds fine cant see any reason why you shouldn't be in ketosis but unfortunately without a blood ketone meter its hard to say for sure.
https://www.valuemed.co.uk/collecti...n-you-buy-50-on-call-blood-ketone-strips-here
That's the one I have but use it for ketones only.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

Thanks

Tom

Hi, hope I find you well and feeling a lot better since starting Keto.

If I was anything other than in the fours as my fasting levels, it would be five, unless I had a cold, flu or something that made me ill.

My fasting blood levels regardless of the previous day rollercoaster ride, would always be in the normal.

There is nothing wrong with being in normal levels! Keto will keep you there, which is so beneficial to your health and the easing of symptoms.

Keep safe and well done on your progress!

Reactions: tom2pin

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
PS...I wish I'd got a duel ketone/glucose monitor now but hey ho......urine strips aren't reliable after a while apparently

The urine strips are testing waste ketones, so when you are in ketosis and actually using them instead, you'll not be weeing them out any more.:D

Amazon sell cheap breathalyser type ketone testers which could be an option. And apparently the cheap alcohol test ones also work as they can't distinguish between alcoholic breath and "keto"/acetone breath.

Reactions: Lamont D