Oral Lichen Planus, biopsy result

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Sorry @Robinredbreast - hope the toothpaste & mouthwash work ASAP. I had this last year & the GP gave me a mouthwash at the time. Hope it's less sore now.

Thank you, how's yours now ?and did you have a biopsy too ?
Today my dentist said it can spread, I said, spread? and she said to the other side of mouth as well.:wideyed: Some days it is just uncomfortable and other days it's very sore. Had to have impressions done today, top and bottom. at the dentists and the dentist had to numb the sore area with a topical steroid cream first before putting in the plate, which was uncomfortable, but it's done now with more work to follow.
It's surprising that so many have it, but at least now we can swap stories.
Take care RRB :)

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you, how's yours now ?and did you have a biopsy too ?
Today my dentist said it can spread, I said, spread? and she said to the other side of mouth as well.:wideyed: Some days it is just uncomfortable and other days it's very sore. Had to have impressions done today, top and bottom. at the dentists and the dentist had to numb the sore area with a topical steroid cream first before putting in the plate, which was uncomfortable, but it's done now with more work to follow.
It's surprising that so many have it, but at least now we can swap stories.
Take care RRB :)
Oh wow - I didn't know that. It sounds sore. I seem to keep getting patches that are sore inside my cheeks so think I'll need to go back to the GP! Hope yours is soon much better. Take care.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Oh wow - I didn't know that. It sounds sore. I seem to keep getting patches that are sore inside my cheeks so think I'll need to go back to the GP! Hope yours is soon much better. Take care.

It's another auto immune condition, so it will always be there, maybe dormant at times, but what you have described sounds very much like mine, same place, ouch. poor you :inpain: Good luck Medusa, can you let us know how you get on. RRB

Reactions: 3 people

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It's another auto immune condition, so it will always be there, maybe dormant at times, but what you have described sounds very much like mine, same place, ouch. poor you :inpain: Good luck Medusa, can you let us know how you get on. RRB
Thank you, will do. You let us know also. I was only saying to a friend who has Lupus about auto immune conditions & how we're more likely to have more than one! Best wishes.

Reactions: 2 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah, that must be difficult for you Ali H, do you have in your mouth as well as the delicate area? I had a dental appointment today and my dentist made out a prescription for me for Benzydamine ( Difflam) and Corsodyl MW ( Difflam, very
expensive ):wideyed: Cancer was mentioned at the hospital, as in a very few cases it can turn cancerous, I go back in 6 months. I now have another 3 dental appointments , first one is on Thursday, as my bridge is loose and the other teeth, each side of bridge, are loose, also, so not looking good and it looks like the teeth wont be able to be saved.
My dentist said you can get inflammation /rash anywhere on the body, so as you said 'a delicate area'. We will always have it, but hopefully it will be more manageable. Good luck with yours AliH and take care RRB

Hi Robin,
Sounds like your having a torrid time, I do hope thing improve soon.
Can you get any of the mouth wash etc on prescription, just a thought.
Hugs, big ones

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi Robin,
Sounds like your having a torrid time, I do hope thing improve soon.
Can you get any of the mouth wash etc on prescription, just a thought.
Hugs, big ones

Hi, just been having a few things niggly things going on lately. My dentist gave me a prescription for Difflam and Corsodyl on Tuesday. I forgot to put it into the pharmacy today:oops:, but will try to do it tomorrow.
Thank you for the lovely hug, it's very much appreciated :)

RRB x

Kes

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ah yes, I had this. I was referred to the Eastman Dental Hospital (London) for investigation/biopsy/allergy testing. The allergy test showed it was because of amalgam fillings. Since I have had my fillings replaced the Lichen Planus has cleared up, although they said it was unusual to see such a good result after doing this.

That is why alamagan fillings are banned in Scandinavia and it is a criminal offence to use them.
Alas the UK government thinks saving money is better than people's health.

Reactions: 4 people

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hiya, all good thanks, for the most part it is just an annoyance and mainly only felt with anything spicy or a bit sharp. It is more of an issue "elsewhere" and I need to manage that more and remember the creams occasionally lol.

Ali

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey how's everyone doing? @millysue and @Robinredbreast? I was at the Dentist on Thur & she spotted a very small patch of OLP in my cheek & told me more about the condition. Hope everyone's keeping well.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi Medusa, I'm doing okay. I have 3 dental appointments, had the first one last week and another Monday, Bridge and the teeth either side have to come out, so not looking forward to that tbh. How is the patch in your mouth, is it painful or just
'there' and are you having any treatment? My tongue has more OLP on it now, sometimes it's quite painful and irritable and other times, not so bad. I have a very good dentist and she keeps on top of things plus, she has the most beautiful white teeth, I am so envious :rolleyes:
I hope you are not suffering too much and the OLP settles down for you. Take care

RRB:)

Hernextdoor

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A dental tip try SLS free toothpaste also good for ulcer sufferers. If you use mouthwash do not use it after toothbrushing - spit toothpaste out do not rinse. Corsodyl mouthwash will stain your teeth so do not use same time as toothbrushing, no tea or coffee within 1 hr of using it. It can stain your tongue as well.