Over the moon - my first 6-month review.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hi libra.
interesting info.

i don't suppose you would be able to point me towards anything that might explain in such layman terms all the bloods info we get sent...?

trying to keep a better track so i can check if the actions i'm taking are making the right changes happen.
a basic idea of what a 'normal' level SHOULD be for each segment (ie; is lower oir higher, what i should be aiming for)

if ya can't find... then no worries,
post was most helpful to me anyway..
Cheers
For the specifics of Trig/HDL ratio then this one gives both US an UK measures
https://www.docsopinion.com/2014/07/17/triglyceride-hdl-ratio/

mondFi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hi libra.
interesting info.

i don't suppose you would be able to point me towards anything that might explain in such layman terms all the bloods info we get sent...?

trying to keep a better track so i can check if the actions i'm taking are making the right changes happen.
a basic idea of what a 'normal' level SHOULD be for each segment (ie; is lower oir higher, what i should be aiming for)

if ya can't find... then no worries,
post was most helpful to me anyway..
Cheers

Like I said in my post I'm not an expert about what the numbers mean but on my results that the nurse printed for me it does give some guidelines which may help. I haven't done an internet search but I imagine most of this is fairly accesible.

I'll try and keep this reply updated when I find more info or anyone post corrections/new info on this thread. I'd be happy to create a seperate thread if anyone thinks it would be beneficial to have a post with common tests and their "normal" levels and perhaps links to articles and information about what the tests mean etc.

The levels shown are the good/normal levels e.g. <2 would mean anything less than 2 is good. 2-4 would mean anything between 2 & 4 is good.

Serum triglycerides:- less than 2.0mmol/L
Serum HDL:- greater than 1.0 mmol/L

Serum cholesterol:- no information as yet
Non-HDL cholesterol:- no information as yet
HDL ratio:- no information as yet
Serum LDL:- no information as yet

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
guys, most useful links and posts indeed.

BB i did follow your links, and if i am honest, i feel like a first year student week one learning a foreign language.
and most of that went totally over my head in many aspects...BUT it did point me to the Cholestrol metrics video, from the same guy.

Link here IF i am allowed to add it
or if nor search this.
Cholesterol Conundrum - Know Your Metrics

He discusses in simpler terms what the scores on the doors mean..and offer targets that people should aim for.

Now i don't pretend to understand it all, but it was what i was looking for and the forum came through for me..
So many thanks for the help on the start of my journey...:bookworm:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The levels shown are the good/normal levels e.g. <2 would mean anything less than 2 is good. 2-4 would mean anything between 2 & 4 is good.

Serum triglycerides:- less than 2.0mmol/L
Serum HDL:- greater than 1.0 mmol/L

Serum cholesterol:- no information as yet
Non-HDL cholesterol:- no information as yet
HDL ratio:- no information as yet
Serum LDL:- no information as yet

Hi Mondi.

Missed this other day.....bang on what i was looking for ...much appreciated.
(some of those metrics are given in the video i posted, i'll try and pull data out after work this evening and add to your scoring )

just be nice to interpret my last few blood tests and see if i am making improvements.

(Kind of see it, like the BG monitoring, as not dissimilar to having no speedo on the car,
car still works but how will i know what speed i am doing OR whether i am picking up any those penalty points and fines..aghh )