Over The Moon!

zireael

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys just wanted to share this as I’m really amazed with how I managed to achieve this!
Been diagnosed with T1D in April this year, after weeks of feeling like a literal zombie, ended up in hospital with DKA and HbA1c of 104 mmol/mol (I know right). Getting used to new routines and all that was a real struggle for me, the fact I work in hospitality did not help a bit either, I found myself getting annoyed all the time, still trying my absolute best to take care of myself, but sometimes work was taking it out on me, missing my meals when busy rushing off my feet for several hours, irregular sleeping patterns and such. HOWEVER! I was due an appointment with my doctor at diabetes clinic last Tuesday. I was dreading it a bit, didn’t expect much from my latest blood test results. Turns out I’ve managed to go from 104 mmol/mol at the day of diagnosis 3 months ago, down to 51 mmol/mol!!! 100% improvement! I could not believe it, I was literally so happy I nearly cried at the clinic!
I’d like to thank the people here on this forum for all the wise and kind advices I’d been given in my first month, when I was so confused I had no idea what I was doing. Please wish me luck I can keep up the good work :’)

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Fantastic news. Good jod you! You can keep going.

Reactions: Prem51

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
That's a great reduction in just three months @zireael - well done you! It must be great encouragement to keep up what you are doing despite a hectic work life. Good luck to you for the future! I expect you will be able to bring your HbA1c result eeven lower at your next test. :)

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @zireael Well done.

The good thing is that you know it can be done so this in itself is a great achievement, sometimes targets can be so disappointing as they are just that a target and involve success and disappointment, the important part is making this work daily so you can carry on work and life without much interruption but feeling comfortable that you know you are doing your best and staying balanced :)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
What a spectacular job, well done!