Ozempic

elmer_dinkley

Type of diabetes
Type 2
started this 10 days ago. First week constipated, no real change in sugars but a couple of pounds down in weight. Took next one on Friday and had a weekend of stomach cramps and diararea and no change in sugars. Messaged the nurse and was told to stop. Metformin was exactly the same as this and I had 18 month of it as the doctor refused to change medication. new surgery put me on Glicazide and alogitpin. No side effects but still not acceptable numbers. I am beginning to lose hope in the NHS.

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Hi Elmer, I understand you previously tried Low Carb. What problem s did you have that caused you to go for medication ?

Just the listed die effects alone would make it hard for me to accept taking Ozempic:

Ozempic.png

It's easy for me to say since I have got my T2D onto remission by Low Crab (plus some Time Restricted Eating) alone, but I don't understand why people go down the drug route with no prospect of remission rather than the Low Carb route which has between a 26% and 60% chance of remission(depending upon which study you look at and how much support the patients were given.) Have you looked into the Low Carb forum?

Reactions: oldgreymare

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you been told that the diabetes drugs such as you mention are intended to be used alongside a suitable diet? They are not miracle drugs that allow you to eat what you like. I see from your previous posts that you were trying to reduce your carbs. Have you continued with this or "fallen off the wagon"?

Reactions: oldgreymare

Suercc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello all. I have been on Ozempic for one week now. Really getting on well with it. Using the reduced appetite it has given me to drastically reduce my intake and try some fasting too. Blood sugars coming down as is weight. No nasty gastric side effects.
My motivation.? They have offered me three months of this , if no improvement then it’s insulin which I don’t want.

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all. I have been on Ozempic for one week now. Really getting on well with it. Using the reduced appetite it has given me to drastically reduce my intake and try some fasting too. Blood sugars coming down as is weight. No nasty gastric side effects.
My motivation.? They have offered me three months of this , if no improvement then it’s insulin which I don’t want.

Hi @Suercc

How are you doing on with the Ozempic if that's not too bold a question?

Thanks

LBB

Suercc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Suercc

How are you doing on with the Ozempic if that's not too bold a question?

Thanks

LBB
Flipping loving it ! Mild nausea only. Jab less painful than finger testing. Hunger fell off a cliff and lost 1.5 stones. High blood sugars no longer really high but back within normal range. No insulin. Hurrah !