Type 2 Ozempic

Suercc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello. The Corona Stone that I (and many others) gained in lockdown knocked my diabetes control out of whack. I have been type 2 for 20 years but never want to do sulponylureas again
Thankfully I am being allowed to try Ozempic for three months. If it doesn’t produce desirable results then it’s insulin for me. Needless to say I am motivated.!
Has anyone else been ozempic and how did you get on with it please?

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Can you let us know what sort of diet you have? If you have insulin resistance you may find that insulin doesn't help much.

Suercc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have followed LCHF most of the years. Eat very destructively during lockdown. (Grief)
Can’t go back to lchf as the extra weight means my blood sugars too high. Not happy to walk around with high sugars as I slowly lose weight. So yes I need to exercise and reduce my intake but after 20 years I am not sure how many functioning beta cells I have left. I do not want to take meds that prompt weight gain ..

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have followed LCHF most of the years. Eat very destructively during lockdown. (Grief)
Can’t go back to lchf as the extra weight means my blood sugars too high. Not happy to walk around with high sugars as I slowly lose weight. So yes I need to exercise and reduce my intake but after 20 years I am not sure how many functioning beta cells I have left. I do not want to take meds that prompt weight gain ..
Hi again. If you can get the GP to do a C-Peptide test, that will show the state of your beta cells. Note that although drugs such as Gliclazide and insulin are said to make you gain weight they don't. It the carbs you eat with them that result in weight gain so I'm afraid LCHF is the best way forward together with exercise and possibly some further tablets?

Suercc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The next tablets available are sulphonylureas ☹️ I think the mechanism whereby insulin causes weigh gain is this. When your blood sugar dips, not even to dangerous levels just to markedly lower levels, one feels really unwell. Reactive hypoglycaemia ( been there) This awful feeling is relieved by eating carbohydrates and so people are prompted by their bodies to behave in a way opposite to their requirements