Ozempic

Madgolfermk80

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi
been on ozempic for the past 9 months it as worked wonderful lost 4.5 stone,diabetes ,blood pressure excellent control
now just been told going to be taken off it ,as anyone had the same and what happened,asked the question to doctors but keep getting told to monitor the situation

Rachox

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Madgolfermk80 and welcome to the forum.
Have you asked why you’ve been taken off Ozempic?

Madgolfermk80

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes I have all i keep getting told is there’s a shortage and may run out anyway and it’s worked

Rachox

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes I have all i keep getting told is there’s a shortage and may run out anyway and it’s worked
I’m on Victoza which is a similar medication which is suffering shortages. I changed from a small independent pharmacy who wasn’t able to get it, to a big Boots who so far have managed to fill my prescriptions. Have you been prescribed other meds to replace your Ozempic?

Madgolfermk80

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did ask is it to save money I got no reply ,I nearly always try and get it from a independent chemist,they always seem to get hold of it with no problem

domski

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I cannot get any Victoza in Norfolk and Dr has prescribed Metformin SR and I have now Thrush for first time
again in 1.5 years and terrible diarrhoea.
I've been on Metformin for a month and I'm going to try something else.