Pain in hands and feet

MancboyChris

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,
Newly diagnosed on 30th December. I'm not sure which type yet.

My question probably sounds weird but here goes.

Prior to my diagnoses and treatment with insulin I can't really remember any pain at all, however right now I'm getting pains in my hands and feet, like a dull ache it can spread to fingers and toes. I'm unsure as to why I suddenly feel this, it's like the insulin is causing it, can this be possible? Another question is before diagnosed, I had lots of spots on my back, however since insulin treatment, my back has cleared up? Another mystery to me being new to this.

Anyone got any advice/suggestions on what might have happened.

Thanks.
Chris

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @MancboyChris

I can only hazard a guess here that prior to your diagnosis, your body had become finely tuned to high blood glucose levels and your blood vessels were damaging your nerves - peripheral neuropathy, it affects as many as 1 in 4 diabetics. It can be helped by stabilising your blood glucose levels but should be checked out by your GP to just make sure there's no other reason, so please make an appointment to see them - unsure about your spots though.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,

Prior to my diagnoses and treatment with insulin I can't really remember any pain at all, however right now I'm getting pains in my hands and feet, like a dull ache it can spread to fingers and toes. I'm unsure as to why I suddenly feel this, it's like the insulin is causing it, can this be possible? Another question is before diagnosed, I had lots of spots on my back, however since insulin treatment, my back has cleared up? Another mystery to me being new to this.

Thanks.
Chris

Chris - I imagine the improvement I needed your skin is because your sugars are getting some attention.

Were you started on any other meds when you were diagnosed? The reason I ask is some folks find the develop ches and pains if they take statins. Just a thought, or potential.

Caprock94

Hi all,

Thanks.
Chris

Same happened with me. Didn't notice any symptoms until lowering blood sugars. Then my feet and hands starting getting an aching/burning sensation. Been going on for six months. Seems to be getting slightly better with sustained control of blood sugar levels. Still seems weird. I wasn't at diabetic levels for very long.

MancboyChris

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Chris - I imagine the improvement I needed your skin is because your sugars are getting some attention.

Were you started on any other meds when you were diagnosed? The reason I ask is some folks find the develop ches and pains if they take statins. Just a thought, or potential.

Hi, I was actually started on statins on 30th December too, however my GP told me to stay off these for a month due to very abnormal liver tests, I only took it for 2 days. As another user has posted they had no symptoms until they started insulin, it's abit of a weird one.