Type 1 Pain in leg/foot while running?

Llinz04

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm a type 1 (diagnosed Dec 2012), and was at the gym about a week ago and i've started to reaslise that everytime i go on a treadmil (sprinting), i get pains in my leg/ankle, and its as if i've twisted my ankle after about 3/4 minutes? (I haven't actually twisted my ankle though.)

I have a friend which is also a type 1 and told her about this and she experiences the same thing.

Does anyone else experience this? Or does anyone know why we get this and if its diabetic type 1 related?

Mr.White

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello, I also have this problem as well pretty much every time!.. I'm thinking maybe it is something to do with high blood sugar levels, as in not keeping it between 4 - 10 perhaps! As high levels damage nerve endings

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Could it be something more to do with running technique, running shoes, or the fact youre on a treadmill? Is it happening in one leg or both? Do you warm up and stretch before sprinting?

I don't think leg pain when running can necassarily be attributed to diabetes. I run a fair bit and the only leg pain I've experienced is I think I gave myself shin splints when I did a half marathon in March and that's pretty much better now.

Anyone doing a new kind of exercise will experience aches pains pulls and twinges - you don't have to be diabetic to experience those feelings.