Type 1 Pains in lower left abdomen

Sammiexx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi my name is Sammie, I'm 17 years old and have been diagnosed t1 for almost a year now, I have been stressing about my diabetes a lot lately as my levels have been around 25-30mmol for a few months as I found it hard to cope and gave up trying, I have recently started taking my insulin again (struggling to get them under 10) after feeling really sick, to the main question I am having a consistent ache (nothing like a pulled muscle) in my lower left abdomen, strong pain killers don't even work to ease the pain, I've tried hot baths, stretching, etc, nothing helps. I find when I eat it really hurts, and I find it quite painful to walk, sit and stand, mostly painful to lay down. Does anyone know what this could be, I'm planning on going to the doctors tomorrow but I'm really impatient lol:)

Reactions: 3 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi Sammie,

We can only speculate what could be the cause of your discomfort and only your Dr can give you a proper diagnosis, but you really do need to get your bg levels down and if your struggling you should ask your Dr to refer you over to the hospital diabetes clinic, if your already under their care then do ring them and ask if you can be seen asap.

Good luck for tomorrow.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It could be a lot of things, Sammie. It may well be its nothing to do with your diabetes at all. Lots of conditions can cause pain in the abdomen, so you're doing the right thing going to the doctors :) It could be something really simple and they'll be able to put your mind at rest.

Well done on taking back control of your diabetes :) It's a nuisance to have, and can be hard work, but if you keep your blood sugar controlled then you're winning :)

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Any pain in the abdomen that lasts and needs pain killers must be looked at by the GP ASAP. Good news that you've started the insulin as you are at risk of DKA without your insulin. Do discuss the insulin balance with the GP or DN. I assume you are on Basal/Bolus. Check that your Basal is right and then get the Bolus ratio right.