Pancake Day

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, yes it’s the same recipe, like you I found them a little tricky to turn over, didn’t dare try flipping, they were so light and fluffy. I’m having another go tonight but adding the cinnamon and will have a splash of cream, how decadent hehe

Reactions: Pipp

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, yes it’s the same recipe, like you I found them a little tricky to turn over, didn’t dare try flipping, they were so light and fluffy. I’m having another go tonight but adding the cinnamon and will have a splash of cream, how decadent hehe
Just looked at the other recipe with the added coconut flour, like the idea of putting a little bit of peanut butter with them, might try these at the weekend, as you say they might be a nice alternative breakfast :)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I used a small cast iron pan to make most of mine, it’s about thirty years old and very well seasoned. For flipping, I have a metal bladed spatula/fish slice that’s quite wide, and offers a fair bit of support as you flip it. The one I tried in my big cast iron pan just about held but it was much harder to keep in one piece.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just looked at the other recipe with the added coconut flour, like the idea of putting a little bit of peanut butter with them, might try these at the weekend, as you say they might be a nice alternative breakfast :)
Hi, quick update, I did make the pancakes with cinnamon, I halved the recipe so just enough to make 2 decent sized pancakes. The addition of the cinnamon was really nice, I think they might become my weekend breakfast choice for a little while.:happy:

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Sadly, the only time my pancakes post diagnosis have been truly acceptable to extended family was when they had banana mushed up in them as a fruit sweetener. Otherwise, all low-carb pancakes have disappointed the non-diabetics eating them. Not me mind! I am very very grateful for low-carb pancakes.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Just tried making a batch or one big pancake. It was more like one big pancake. These are great. They stand up perfectly, have just the right texture and desired fluffyness. I didn't have any almond, so I used an LSA mix and it was just fine. I also added some cinnamon and some cacao powder to make chocolate cinnamon pancakes... I mean, pancake. I will add some erythritol on my next batch or plate size pancake... yeah, plate size, to sweeten them to my liking and I have a sense I may never be seen again if they come out as nice as I suspect.

I was also delighted with the fact I didn't ruin a frying pan and just thrilled I didn't burn the kitchen down. All in all, a good day. Thanks for posting. My life is now complete. :)

Reactions: Pipp and LooperCat

caroline_92

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
52354EFD-555A-4671-9733-F5ACD8DBBD42.jpeg
A few weeks late I have finally tried these! I printed the recipe out and it has been sitting around in my kitchen.
Really good! Nice and fluffy and, well, pancake like. I added a splash of double cream as I had some and had a little scrambled egg on top. Yum and thanks for posting the recipe

Reactions: Sweet_Sophie