Panicking - Urine Glucose

Triceraptors

I was feeling unwell, sweet taste in my mouth for 6 days,

This happened to me before 1.5 years ago while on antibiotics. I also was not eating enough and had ketones in my urine.

This time, the symptoms were sudden: sweet taste, sudden headache, fatigue.

I was panicking and went to a hospital where random glucose was 7.0. I was told to relax and leave. Two days later, similar symptoms happened and this time they found glucose at level 3+ in my urine. My blood glucose was tested 5.2 and then again after 1 hour of wait, 4.4

Finally, I had to leave work yesterday because of feeling particularly bad and went to nearest hospital. Have been administered full exam that was normal, blood test of 5.0 glucose and no urine glucose but high ketones. Sweet taste still present and going strong.

I am 25, thin and in good health. Is glucose urine diagnostic for diabetes?

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is glucose urine diagnostic for diabetes?

No, because urine testing isn't really very accurate. But you have also had your blood tested for glucose and your blood sugar levels are normal and do not indicate diabetes. If you are concerned about diabetes go and see your GP for a hba1c test.

If you aren't diabetic (which you aren't) and you don't have high blood sugar (which you don't) then ketones are nothing to worry about.

Perfectly healthy people can have ketones with no problem, ketones are produced by the body when it burns fat for fuel. That might happen if you are dieting and exercising trying to lose weight, if you aren't eating at all (these are called starvation ketones) or if you arent eating very many carbohydrates (in which case your body switches from feeling from glucose in the carbs to ketones from fat eaten, often when this switch takes place it's a bit of an effort for the body and can make you feel unwell, it's referred to as low carb flu).