Type 1 Paris, Versailles security- medical card?

HipnHypo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys, my first post!

I am due to travel to Paris later this month on Eurostar with my [nurse] partner.

At Versailles palace there is understandably strict security. I have one of those pdf medical ''cards'' that that nice lady campaigned for. But it's in English?

Do I need anything else in French, or another type pass- or the actual plastic medical card itself?

Thanks

Attachments

• DIABETES_MedicalDeviceAwarenessCard.pdf
    70.3 KB · Views: 101

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @HipnHypo and welcome to the forum :)

What devices are you wearing ?

Personally I use a pump and Dexcom G6, in regards to air travel and x rays, i've never had an issue, I simply tell them I cannot take the pump through the x ray and hand it to an officer who will do a visual check and pass it back to me once through security, no need for a letter. They do see a few of us coming through and so are used to managing this type of request, only been held up once at Geneva for slightly longer than expected as the officer didn't speak great english and had to find a supervisor, but otherwise it's a smooth process going through security.

HipnHypo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a Libre sensor but support with test strips.

So the sensor is attached to my upper rear of either arm.

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
Hi guys, my first post!

I am due to travel to Paris later this month on Eurostar with my [nurse] partner.

At Versailles palace there is understandably strict security. I have one of those pdf medical ''cards'' that that nice lady campaigned for. But it's in English?

Do I need anything else in French, or another type pass- or the actual plastic medical card itself?

Thanks
Hi @HipnHypo I completely sympathise. I would be surprised if they don't understand English at Versailles owing to the number of Americans and us going there every year! However, you could attach a simple message with your name etc stating "Je suis diabetique et en regime d'insuline et j'utilise un glucomètre informatisé" The first part of this statement , in French, got me out of trouble in Milan in 1978! Good luck.

HipnHypo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @HipnHypo I completely sympathise. I would be surprised if they don't understand English at Versailles owing to the number of Americans and us going there every year! However, you could attach a simple message with your name etc stating "Je suis diabetique et en regime d'insuline et j'utilise un glucomètre informatisé" The first part of this statement , in French, got me out of trouble in Milan in 1978! Good luck.

Thanks, Grant. That's really a good idea! :)

Reactions: Grant_Vicat