Parmegan!

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Lol.................

Which reminds me, sunflower seeds, a little extra oil and yellow mustard in the blender makes a really good dip for crackers!

Reactions: Dr Snoddy and WuTwo

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
By the way, when I've been making the Parmegan, I've just been using a nut grinder and then in a bowl mix the nuts with the nutritional yeast. You also get some bigger chunks that add a nice crunch to everything.

Of course now you have me wondering about turning it into a paste for a cracker dip, which sounds pretty good with some fresh chives mixed in.

Reactions: WuTwo

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Yes - I have to admit I've been sat here thinking about it :joyful:

Reactions: Marie 2

dms1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dunno - I just call it parmegan since that's what the recipe calls it. It's just cashew nuts, macadamia nuts, nooch (nutritional yeast) and salt if you used unsalted nuts, and any desired herbs/spices. Whizz like crazy until you get the right texture for you. Don't go on for too long or you'll end up with a very savoury sort of nut butter! Pulse the processor is best.
I've made this with cashew and brazil nuts but haven't yet tried macadamia nuts. Must get some and have a go...

Reactions: Marie 2

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I've made this with cashew and brazil nuts but haven't yet tried macadamia nuts. Must get some and have a go...

I've not made it wit brazils - I'll give it a go next time.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Yea, Brazil nuts sound like they would be really good in it! Thanks!

Reactions: WuTwo