Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Oh my god, @connie104 that might just be the cutest dog I've ever seen

connie104

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh my god, @connie104 that might just be the cutest dog I've ever seen
That's how he got out of the dogs home ! All the dogs were jumping up at the fence and Fred just sat at the back wagging his tail with his head on one side looking so cute . He was then called Goofy as he looked like something out of a Disney film. As you can tell I love him to bits !

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
The breeds we have had are -

Husky/Lab cross - intelligent, hyperactive, boundless energy, needed LOTS of exercise

White Retriever (ex pub dog) - loyal, friendly, lazy, impossible to train, dumb as a doorknob

Springer/Lab cross - loyal, friendly, intelligent, easy to train, loved water, sorely missed

We currently have a short-haired Border Collie which we've had from a puppy, we got him from a working farm and both parents are used to herd sheep. At 18 months old he is by far the most intelligent and obedient dog I've ever met, he's always keen to please and loves learning new things. He walks to heel on or off the lead, will always come when called, brings a tennis ball back and drops it at feet and does the usual sit/down etc etc. He's had no herding training but is always trying to herd seagulls and pigeons when we're out. Collies tend to have OCD of varying degrees, I know one who chases torch light! Ours has OCD with bubbles which we discovered by accident, we can't even say the word in front of him, he's something of a celebrity in Torquay he's always having his picture taken or being videoed, he regularly jumps 6 feet in the air and does a backflip while catching bubbles!

image.jpg

Edited to add photo

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
What! There are actually dogs that don't??

Seriouslly though I've only had one that was truly addicted to covering himself with "Eau de Stink" in any form that he could find, the pongier and more decomposed the better.

Robbity
Yes they will be the unfortunate ones that are never let off of their leads!

Kerr1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes...
We have a dogs trust place along the road. Might be worth a visit as there are more people saying go for a cross breed than a pure breed.

Cat is the main concern though. Need to find one young enough for it to learn cat is boss lol. Even seems to be boss of us!