"Passing" My Meds...?

Geo L

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Greetings,

The good news; I have recently lowered my A1C from 8.7 to 6.7 in about two months. Low carbing, exercising, you know the routine.

The bad news; I may be struggling to keep my blood sugar numbers down because I don't think I'm digesting my meds. Please forgive the somewhat graphic nature of this statement, but I have occasionally seen my totally undigested Kombiglyze tablet ...in the toilet, if you know what I mean.

I thought I was imagining this. I don't make it a habit to look into the toilet when Im "done", but I thought I saw something twice during the last month, and tonight I was absolutely certain. Thats seems to suggest that this is happening regularly.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'd really like to know if my battle with blood sugar levels is not being helped by my TOP DOSAGE meds. Originally diagnosed years ago with an A1C of 13.5, I have in the past gotten it as low as 5.1. I have a doctors appointment coming up in a few weeks, but Im curious to know before then ....if anyone has experience with this? Any opinions are welcome.

Thanks in advance!

C

catherinecherub

Well done with your new HBA1c.

Some medications, especially Slow Release ones do have an outer casing that is not digested and is passed out when you evacuate your bowels. Your G.P. will be able to reassure you about this.