Past out

Ali2003io

Hi all, just wanted to see if anyone else experienced something similar...last evening I took my 3 months old baby for a walk and on way back I collapsed, I don't remember anything I just wake up in the ambulance surrounded by medical staff and police. Been passed out for 1hour30minutes. Have you ever experienced something similar?

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Ali2003io . Many years ago when first diagnosed. Little experience, no idea of carb counting, different insulin regime and just learning how to deal with being diabetic. Few occasions when I've had no recollection of how or why I got where I was and on occcasion with some injuries as well. Fortunately those days have passed now.
You're definitely not alone, out of curiosity how is your hypo awareness generally?
Maybe a problem you might want to try and address if you're struggling to spot oncoming hypos.
Hope you feel better now.

Ali2003io

@therower.. if my blood sugar start to drop below 3,5 i start to feel it just last night i did took glucose tabs plus i eat something sweet just to make sure that my blood sugar it's going up unfortunately it didn t helped me at all as the A&E staff told me my sugar was 2.2 when they picked me up from the street; i was more scared something happend to my Little baby girl. The most importat thing is that nothing happend to any of us and i'm alright now...

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@therower.. if my blood sugar start to drop below 3,5 i start to feel it just last night i did took glucose tabs plus i eat something sweet just to make sure that my blood sugar it's going up unfortunately it didn t helped me at all as the A&E staff told me my sugar was 2.2 when they picked me up from the street; i was more scared something happend to my Little baby girl. The most importat thing is that nothing happend to any of us and i'm alright now...

maybe always measure blood glucose right before going out for a walk

Last edited:
Reactions: Ali2003io

Ali2003io

I'll do it from now on... just i still can not understAnd why it droped so much as ussualy i got a HI sugar level not a low one

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sometimes it's almost impossible to figure out why we have an hypo. So happy you are better now.
As a grandparent I know the worries I have at the back of my mind when I'm solely responsible for my grandkids on occasions.
Recently had my 5 yr old granddaughter have a sleepover, just the two of us, we had so much fun and she got away with absolute murder on the night. Wouldn't swap those times for anything but yes I did have to make triple sure my sugars were ok before bedtime and I'll do it all again.
Don't let your diabetes stop you enjoying every moment with your baby girl. As @Freema said, check more, take a good glucose drink on walks ( liquid works quicker) and remember hypo treatment needs following up with quality long lasting carbs.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'll do it from now on... just i still can not understAnd why it droped so much as ussualy i got a HI sugar level not a low one
Your body may be settling down now after your pregnancy hormones have settled down. Breastfeeding can change things a little, I found. Insulin changes after a baby isn't always instantaneous. 3 months is still early days to have perfect bg levels, I feel.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Ali2003io .. you do not say what medication you are using or what type of diabetes you have. As others have said do test regularly when alone.

Reactions: Freema

Ali2003io

I m on levemir and humalog; before pregnancy i was on lantus but it looks levemir works better on me.. Type 1 diabetes