Paul Bailey AA Discrimination

maxwel

Re: Discrimination

Hi paul,

Well done you have certainly made some very good changes which have already been put in place, i'm not sure how many diabetics work for the company but you have already made a big differance in my case, Thank you very much, Andy

paul.bailey69

maxwel said:
Hi paul,

Well done you have certainly made some very good changes which have already been put in place, i'm not sure how many diabetics work for the company but you have already made a big differance in my case, Thank you very much, Andy

Thanks Andy, do you work for the AA?

maxwel

Hi Paul

Yes I do as a patrol, and have been performance managed and have been offered the "deal" things seem to be changing though,

paul.bailey69

Andy I think we need a chat, I bet they are falling over backwards now. :) I have been trying to find someone else with type 1 but the AA have kept it away from me.

maxwel

HI Paul

A chat sounds good, looks like contact info is taken away I could try short dial as that would be no use to anyone? Andy

paul.bailey69

Just an update one year on. I am still working for the AA but 3 months after my successful court case the manager that I sued was not only not even disciplined he was indeed promoted to area manager of my team, I was even moved out of my team to make way for him. Sounds like I am making this up I know but it is fact....This is the AA

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods

romavia said:
My point of view regarding to discrimination towards any kind is just a way of leading crime. People who become victim of this discrimination are mostly involved in such kinds of activities that led to crime and, if we are talking about the law, then every person who is involved in crime (directly or indirectly) should be punished as applied.
Does that appliy to the solicitors concerned? :lol:

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.

Paul

Victimisation for exercising your rights under the Equality Act is also something that you can take to an Emplyment Tribunal. For any Tribunal the lack of disciplinary action against a discriminatory manager would act for you as it is evidence that they are not taking equality seriously. That you had to be moved to favour the discriminator sounds like victimisation to me. Watch the time limits though.

Doug

paul.bailey69

Hi Osidge, I did think about doing this but in the end decided to just let it go. I made my feelings clear to higher management and could tell they were on the back foot once again.
I am soon to become the equality officer for the GMB aa section so I'm sure I will be crossing swords again soon. Equality and diversity are not the aa's strongpoint but to be fair they have been very good to me over the last couple of years so I hold no grudges personally.

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.

I've never met anyone from Alcoholics Anonymous. I've always thought them secretive. ;)

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
That's a comprehensive collection of cases Paul. Thank you.