PC Software

lowthian20

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Folks
I am looking for some PC software which I can use to monitor my blood sugar readings, i.e. averages, trends etc. I have looked on the internet and there seems to be so many programs out there I am now utterly confused (does not take a lot)
Any suggestions on which programe is easy to use etc

Cheers

Andy

pang3e

Hi
I can't really help that much but I won one of the Bayer contour meters, and they have recently sent me a USB Cable and software to use for uploading my results onto my PC but I haven't used it yet :roll: But it sounds like it might be quite simple to use and might do what you need it for.

Good luck!

Ang

lowthian20

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Ang,
Thanks for that. I have just checked my meters website and they provide software/cable etc for a PC. So problems solved, just have to learn how to use the stuff when it arrives

Cheers

Andy

netforce911

Beware of what operating system you use I use Accu-Chek Meters and software but the software will not work on Vista correctly or Windows 7 at all so I went out and bought a netbook with XP and that works I phoned Customer services at Accu-Chek to ask about new software that would work with Windows 7 and they said they had no plans at this time to create new software.

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
I use the one on this forum, which is handy, quick and easy to use.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/myLife/index.html

I'm just about to get my first iphone so I'm sure there will be an application for betes users on there. Is anyone else using an iphone for this yet?

cocacola

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
celery, not eating chocolate
Ardbeg said:
I'm just about to get my first iphone so I'm sure there will be an application for betes users on there. Is anyone else using an iphone for this yet?
Try Diabetes Log, Glucose Buddy, Diabetes Grapher. I find Glucose Buddy most suitable for my needs.

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
Thanks Chris.

My son already has an iphone so I'll check those ones out. :)