1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Pcos in remission on long term Metformin.

Discussion in 'Other Health Conditions and Diabetes' started by ickihun, May 2, 2017.

1. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

Hi
    I just feel I need to share this with Pcos sufferers.

I'm once again in Pcos remission due long term Metformin.

I'm delighted. I only found out by chance. An abdomenal scan which was able to pick up ovaries too.

I've always sang Metformin's praises but I can official declare it's a metformin only treatment result.
    I currently cannot walk much due to lower back pain (being investigated).
    I'm weighing 20st+ so not due to keeping weight low.

My periods are now regular and I can rely on their pain severity, every other month (maybe due to clubbed right ovary with adhersions on skin like cover).

I'm more relaxed about my Pcos status.
    Thank you Metformin and all the medical teams who use it on their patients.

Just goes to show Metformin helps with a multitude of conditions. It is a life saver for my higher bgs too.

I had to stop it's treatment for 3 days surrounding my coronary angiogram, which went well. My bgs jumped up 2-3mmol/l after every meal without it and higher fbgs too.
    Resumed it's treatment yesterday and looking forward to a 1-2kg weight loss on weigh-in friday next week.
    Appetite depressant or just carb craving blocker? What's another thread, me thinks.

Well done to everyone managing Metformin not just for diabetes but for other medical conditions!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #1 ickihun, May 2, 2017 at 8:10 AM
    Last edited: May 2, 2017
  2. Ann1982

Ann1982 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Glad it has helped you.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Enclave

Enclave Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

Its good to hear this, it will give hope to other Pcos sufferers

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. brottonmoores

brottonmoores Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that
    Hugs
    Jan

• Hug Hug x 1
  5. Hotpepper20000

Hotpepper20000 · Well-Known Member

I'm so happy it has helped you!!
    I also have PCOS and believe that Metformin has helped with many of the symptoms I had. I eat low carb with moderate fat as well. I think those two things have helped my average BG go from 14 to 6.8 and lose 59 pounds.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook