pear drops

caitycakes1

Hi everyone,

I have ordered pear drop boiled sweets from low carb megastore. They are advertised as zero carb. I have just eaten one and they taste so authentic I am now wondering if they really are zero carb. Anyone know? I'm dying to dig in but will wait to see if anyone here can tell me so HURRY :lol:

Caitycakes x

tubolard

Dislikes
Fasteddie; Richard K Bernstein; William S. Atkins; Rosemary Bloody Conley;
If these are the Barnett's pear drops, then excessive consumption may have a laxative effect.

caitycakes1

Thanks for that. Have had the chocolate from the same place and doesn't have any effect so hoping the sweets are the same.

Caitycakes x

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I buy the "Sweet n Low ones from the pharmacy and they're not all that good, so I'll have to get the pear drops.

lilibet

Just be careful not to breathe on any health professionals, lest they whip you into hospitalf or DKA :lol: :lol:

After seeing FindingNemo's post on pump malfunction and the result of that, nothing surprises me anymore!

L x

caitycakes1

Hi Lilibet,

Laughing as I type. I never thought about the smell from those sweets. It does smell like ketone breath! The devil in me wants to be eating one for my next appointment in January :mrgreen:

Good new is absolutely no effect on BS levels. Had about eight of them last night and no dashing off to the loo either. They are the first boiled sweets to cross my lips in five months. Def getting some more.

Caitycakes x

stevied

I would love to know what they are made from.Having worked in the food industry for many years I know that most sweets are made by boiling sugar to different temperatures until it takes on various consistancies.It is then flavoured and cut or moulded to size or shape.If they are made by Barnetts,then their website talks about making the sweets in the traditional copper kettles,which means to me that they are boiling up sugar .I have never been a great sweet eater,but I would love to know how they are making them,and how they are suitable for diabetics.

caitycakes1

I have no idea how they do it. The only thing they say is that they are zero carb and made with all natural flavourings. Maybe if you e-mailed them they might be prepared to tell you. I got them from the low carb megastore website.

Caitycakes x