Peculiar symptoms anyone?

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
That's really interesting, I've no pain, but my feet are tingling pretty much all the time and for the past month my BG has only seems to go under 8 between 14.30 and 18.00. I've been getting a bit paranoid that I'm feeling damage happening
The soles of my feet feel like raw steak. There is no cushioninig

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Interesting. I get warm hands and feet when my levels are above 5.6. When below they go cold/numb/tingly/pain as the levels go lower not higher. Put it down to body used to syrup not blood running through it

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
And I bet, like me, you spend most of the time at around 4.8!

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've had some pretty weird and disproportionate symptoms before and since my diagnosis and I am curious as to whether they are particular to me and my combination of disorders, or if maybe LADA has slightly different symptoms to type 2?

I am told that a lot of my symptoms were pretty extreme considering the relatively low blood glucose levels at the time: When I was diagnosed last year with an HbA1c of 7.5, I had a raging thirst, was drinking about 5 litres a day and getting up 2-3 times a night. My GP found this really puzzling as she said she had patients with numbers in the 20s whose symptoms weren't so severe. I've also had pseudo (I hope!) neuropathy symptoms, such as two episodes of gastric retention, but absolutely no evidence of neuropathy to that extent (My feet have very recently started to tingle a little, which has led my DSN to start me on insulin at night) My consultant theorised that my body was reacting to levels rising more quickly than those of a typical type 2,but she didn't seem certain. I'd be really interested to learn if other people have experienced this and if some of my symptoms might be 'normal' for LADA

One last thing is that my feet become red hot after my evening meal, which my DSN finds hilarious and apparently unheard of!

Had similar symptoms for ages before being diagnosed. Didn't know what was wrong, back and for to docs for years before being diagnosed. had bloods, came up normal. think I was lada a long while before diagnosis of full type 1. Trouble was eat food, get sleepy, thirsty, hot/cold, leg cramps. But, by morning because I was still producing some insulin wouldn't show on blood tests, (think thats why) Only when I lost loads of weight, and ketones detected did my sugar levels show high and was admitted with dka. Good you and your doc spotted it and started background insulin. hopefully, your symptoms will ease as your sugars settle, did take about 3 months before the leg cramps stopped fully. Still get very hot, and leg cramps when above 9 which is now very infrequent.

Pinkerbell

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had similar symptoms for ages before being diagnosed. Didn't know what was wrong, back and for to docs for years before being diagnosed. had bloods, came up normal. think I was lada a long while before diagnosis of full type 1. Trouble was eat food, get sleepy, thirsty, hot/cold, leg cramps. But, by morning because I was still producing some insulin wouldn't show on blood tests, (think thats why) Only when I lost loads of weight, and ketones detected did my sugar levels show high and was admitted with dka. Good you and your doc spotted it and started background insulin. hopefully, your symptoms will ease as your sugars settle, did take about 3 months before the leg cramps stopped fully. Still get very hot, and leg cramps when above 9 which is now very infrequent.

I think I got diagnosed early because of my symptoms, so I'm quite grateful they were so extreme, they've eased off a lot now, so if I hadn't gone to the GP when I did, I still might not know! I've only just been started on a tiny amount of insulin and it's not yet having much of an effect on my my morning numbers, I'm still waking up in the 8s. The heat and tingling when I'm over 8 feels like I've put my feet on a radiator after walking in snow!

Pinkerbell

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Interesting. I get warm hands and feet when my levels are above 5.6. When below they go cold/numb/tingly/pain as the levels go lower not higher. Put it down to body used to syrup not blood running through it

My feet are cold when my BG is low too! Except my numbers have to be above 8 to start getting hot, and below 6 to feel particularly cold and they don't get tingly when low. It's definitely not just sensation, other people can see and feel the difference, the soles go red when high.

(if anyone wants to educate me as to how to quote and reply to 2 posts in one answer, it would be appreciated! :))

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes

5.2 actually but the meter can make the difference.

I think I got diagnosed early because of my symptoms, so I'm quite grateful they were so extreme, they've eased off a lot now, so if I hadn't gone to the GP when I did, I still might not know! I've only just been started on a tiny amount of insulin and it's not yet having much of an effect on my my morning numbers, I'm still waking up in the 8s. The heat and tingling when I'm over 8 feels like I've put my feet on a radiator after walking in snow!

My feet are cold when my BG is low too! Except my numbers have to be above 8 to start getting hot, and below 6 to feel particularly cold and they don't get tingly when low. It's definitely not just sensation, other people can see and feel the difference, the soles go red when high.

(if anyone wants to educate me as to how to quote and reply to 2 posts in one answer, it would be appreciated! :))
No idea.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

I had never had cold hands or feet before. Even as a child I would walk to school in a T-shirt with snow on the ground. Not sure why I get cold extremities now unless I was always above 5.6

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
I had never had cold hands or feet before. Even as a child I would walk to school in a T-shirt with snow on the ground. Not sure why I get cold extremities now unless I was always above 5.6

It is new for me too. It seemed to start when I was diagnosed and changed my diet. Could be that I just noticed it then though.

Pinkerbell

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had an appointment with my GP practice DSN today and she has confirmed that the tingling in my feet is almost certainly early stage neuropathy :( She said that some people seem to be more prone to it, despite good control. Having only been diagnosed for a year I'm now terrified of what the future holds :( One odd thing she said was that having never seen another case like mine in her entire career, she now has two more similar patients, in forties, slim and apparently healthy, with late onset T1

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
I have had a bit of hands and feet tingling today. Left pinkie is tingly at the moment. I cant make up my mind if it is the B12 supplement or LCEF diet, but is much better now.