Treatment type
Insulin
Even a book on jelly?

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

Weens12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
When you say frosts here til May, where is that?

I got my latest few fruit trees from here http://www.applesandorchards.org.uk/ , all East Anglia heritage varieties. not many self fertiel cherries, so you'd need two trees.

I'm in Glasgow ... I lost some veg plants in late April last year to frost.. I didn't manage to get fleece over them in time.

Thanks for the link! ... good prices! :)

Weens12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Isle or aisle?! Hehe

I haven't been out running either due to a course I'm on meaning I finish late daily. Hoping to get out in the fog and frost tonight for a small one, probably just 2K. Just to get me out of the house!

Fog and frost? ... you're keen! Where are you?

Weens12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Up in Aberdeen. First 5K is a month today so I need to crack on regardless of weather :(

Aaah! should have asked "Whaur div ye bide?" the Granite City has it's own weather system doesn't it? ..... It's a beautiful sunny day here in Glasgow!

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Aaah! should have asked "Whaur div ye bide?" the Granite City has it's own weather system doesn't it? ..... It's a beautiful sunny day here in Glasgow!

Yes I've heard it's lovely in Edinburgh too! The haar has been going over time today. Starting to burn off now so it might not be too miserable this evening

Reactions: 2 people

Weens12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I've heard it's lovely in Edinburgh too! The haar has been going over time today. Starting to burn off now so it might not be too miserable this evening

brrr! ...keep warm and take care.... hope it's gone by tonight for your run ... I'm impressed by your dedication ... the 5k will be a breeze!

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had hail on my 6am run in cambridgeshire, so far we've had rain, snow, sleet as well, and thunder thrown in for good measure.

At the moment Aberdeen is looking attractive

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's still brisk but the sun is out now so should be a pleasant evening

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Amazing the effect of one short run.

Even though still stressed out, BG has been much better.

10% increased basal ovenight had me waking at 6.2 vs 7.4 yesterday. The run then had me going into breakfast aorund the same (ran pre baseal, so no change really. Post breakfast was good, pre lunch was good. Teh only fly in the ointment was a post lunch 9.0.

Pre dinner was an almost hypo 4.2 after 6 solid hours of brain ache, but post dinner was good.

+10% on the basal tonight again, adn will run or row tomorrow morning.

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a free afternoon wandering around Southampton whilst my wife and daughter were at the Mayflower Theatre watching a ballet. I managed nearly 15000 steps even though I gave a painful area on the ball of my right foot at the moment. I'm quite happy with the distance covered under the circumstances.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
nice one, no steps counted for me, but I did wander roudn town doing the grocery shopping adn then a 9km run this evening.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
9505 here. 2.2km "run" this morning and a wander around asda seemed to do the trick!

Weens12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The honeyberries are a new one for me as well, they've only just gone out in the garden haviing been in small pots, overwintering in the greenhouse for 18 months.

My veggies are just propagating at the moment on windowsills, greenhouse, cold frame etc.

When you say frosts here til May, where is that?

I got my latest few fruit trees from here http://www.applesandorchards.org.uk/ , all East Anglia heritage varieties. not many self fertiel cherries, so you'd need two trees.

I researched honeyberries after you mentioned them...OMG they are wonderful.... AND..... I found that they are easier to grow and about the same number of carbs as blueberries, which I love....... at 14g carbs per 100g - ~What's not to like? - So ..... today I ordered 2 honeyberry plants ..

Lonicera_caerulea_Fruit.JPG

10533 steps today .. must do better....

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
8897 today. Not bad for a Monday

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
10 hours in the office and a half hour blast on the MTB. I'll be lucky if I made 1000 today.

@Weens12, I have 3 honeyberry plants, not sure how big they grow yet