People with CGM

niknak15

Hi all,

I'm getting CGM on Tuesday for a week, my son, only 1, has a swimming lesson weds, is it safe to swim with it? The consultant said it's doable, what do people do who have CGM when it comes to swimming?

Advice greatly appreciated!!! :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

AlexMBrennan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The sensor may be waterproof but the adhesive certainly isn't; I had to use lots of Elastoplast to keep it in place for the lifetime of the sensor.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That would be a shame. When I borrowed a CGM last summer it was stuck on very firmly with tegaderm. I swam every day with it.

AlexMBrennan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That would be a shame. When I borrowed a CGM last summer it was stuck on very firmly with tegaderm. I swam every day with it.
Good for you, but as I said neither the adhesive the Navigator sensors (which I had used) nor stuff you can get in a small pharmacy will last very long when exposed to water for a prolonged time. I'm not even sure where you can get the brand you mentioned in the UK

Last edited by a moderator:

iHs

I think Medtronic supply a pre cut out waterproof dressing for their sensors whereas Dexcom users buy Opsite Flexifix and do a cut out themselves. It all looks good from what Ive seen

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App