Peripheral neuropathy type 1

Bunnie06

Hey .

Diabetic for 22 years , recently been told I have peripheral neuropathy. I am 29 with a littlen .

It started off in my legs and my feet. But now I feel its from my waist downwards .
I know there is no cure and I need to get my diabetes in tighter check.

I'm worried each morning I'm going to wake up and not be able to walk .
I'm really numb I don't have any pain unless someone touches them too hard and tingles .

I would love other people who have had this to drop a message .
How do you deal with this change has it really changed your life? , how do you carry on with this feeling and being off balanced and numb .
I've really got myself into a panic and its all I'm thinking about . I'm waiting for one more blood result to come back then im talking back with the doctor . But my mind is racing.

How do you all manage ? How does it affect you ?

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Interesting thread here.
I think I have peripheral neuropathy | Diabetes Forum • The Global Diabetes Community

There are quite a few T1s (and T2s) on here with peripheral neuropathy, so you are definitely not alone.

As some people posted in your other thread, there is (at least anecdotal) hope for improvement if you stabilise your bg levels and there are some treatments to manage the symptoms. Are your medical team giving you any help?

I can only imagine how difficult this must be for you but please don't despair or give up.

Wishing you all the best from New Zealand.

Reactions: Hopeful34