Peripheral Neuropathy

thaddydv

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Can anyone suggest a good foot massager for Feet Peripheral Neuropathy ? Are they worthwhile purchasing . See Ian Botham advertises one but it is quite expensive Looking forward to replies

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Can anyone suggest a good foot massager for Feet Peripheral Neuropathy ? Are they worthwhile purchasing . See Ian Botham advertises one but it is quite expensive Looking forward to replies
What about a cheap foot-spa they have massage features and probably a lot cheaper than the Ian Botham one. Always see lots of them at car boots sales cheap x

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
What about a cheap foot-spa they have massage features and probably a lot cheaper than the Ian Botham one. Always see lots of them at car boots sales cheap x
Be sure to be very careful soaking your feet in hot water if you have neuropathy.
Not feeling how hot the water is because of the neuropathy can lead to serious burns, and soaking for an extended time softens the skin. I'm not sure but I guess it's easier to damage a foot when the skin is still soft from soaking.

M

Matt2023

I did not go for a foot spa, but I brought a vibration plate, it does not use water, but vibrates your feet very quickly, and helps with the pain, plus a good massage for your feet. It is also good for blood circulation. Just search "Vibration Plate" on Amazon and there is quite a variety. I would name the one I use, but I am not sure about the rules of recommending a product yet on this forum.

Thanks.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
I would name the one I use, but I am not sure about the rules of recommending a product yet on this forum.
It's only a problem if you join in order to recommend or sell something or give a link to something that gains you benefit if someone goes to it.

You should also be able to post links now (very new members cannot).
(edit for spelling mistake)

Last edited:
Reactions: Antje77
M

Matt2023

Hi Ellie,

Thank you for that clarification.

I do not need to give a link. it's easy enough to find on Amazon, plus I assure you I have nothing personally to gain by suggesting the brand, only that it works for me, with that said, I brought a "LifePro" Vibration Plate with remote control, do some research it is all positive stuff, and it seems to help with my foot neuropathy. I brought it from the US version of Amazon, but I am sure they sell it on the UK version too, I say that as the OP mentions Ian Botham.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Antje77 and EllieM

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Be sure to be very careful soaking your feet in hot water if you have neuropathy.
Not feeling how hot the water is because of the neuropathy can lead to serious burns, and soaking for an extended time softens the skin. I'm not sure but I guess it's easier to damage a foot when the skin is still soft from soaking.
Sorry had no idea that is probably the reason there are so many going cheap

Reactions: Antje77

thaddydv

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So today following what I read Matt2023 had written I ordered from Amazon U.K. the Lifepro Waver Mini Vibration Plate - Whole Body Vibration Platform... £124.99
Has the Vibration Plate helped u with your Peripheral Neuropathy
I have no pain but still I hope this purchase will help with my PN Thank you

thaddydv

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Has anyone who has Peripheral Neuropathy and has bought a vibration plate had any relief from using the plate

thaddydv

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Ellie,

Thank you for that clarification.

I do not need to give a link. it's easy enough to find on Amazon, plus I assure you I have nothing personally to gain by suggesting the brand, only that it works for me, with that said, I brought a "LifePro" Vibration Plate with remote control, do some research it is all positive stuff, and it seems to help with my foot neuropathy. I brought it from the US version of Amazon, but I am sure they sell it on the UK version too, I say that as the OP mentions Ian Botham.

Thanks.

Hi good day I have bought a Lifepro Vibration plate after reading your post and keen to know if u have tips . Also what speed setting do u find works best for you
Thank u in anticipation of your reply