Petition to ban Aspartame from Medications in the UK

Revtz

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Petition to ban Aspartame from Medications in the UK

This petition has now been accepted by HMG as a valid cause and has been published so people can find it easier to sign.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/126678

Please sign it.

Ban Aspartame from all medicines. Aspartame which has for years been the cheap artificial sweetener across the market from sweets through all kinds of medicines is finally beginning to be recognised as poison for many people.

Some do not react to Aspartame, but many people get seriously ill when exposed to it . For some it attacks the immune system, others have linked it to their cancer and many many other serious bodily illnesses and dysfunctions. There is zero need for this artificial sweetener in our medicines.

Major corporations like PepsiCo are beginning to take the artificial sweetener aspartame out of their products in response to consumer demand. What does the science say about how consuming aspartame could be harming your health?

Ref : http://aspartame.mercola.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
I will not sign this -- as a normal day to day existence I avoid liquids with added sugar which are KNOWN to raise my blood sugar significantly.
I am so grateful that sugar free drinks exist so that i can drink a refreshing cold drink on a warm summers day without fear of a massive spike. ( none at all existed in my year of diagnosis )
the downside is a potential but not completely substantiated claim of increased risk of cancer.
My D has already given me a potentially shorter life straw -- the occasional diet drink is a small risk in comparison

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I'm I agreement with @himtoo. So far, the most studied artificial sweetener ever had passed all its tests. I know some people suffer with it, @donnellysdogs being one. I'm afraid that that met cola website can never be quoted as science though.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Peanut butter is safe for me but I wouldn't want it to be put into medicine because I know some people have a bad reaction to it. There is no need to put a sweetener into medicine at all. We aren't talking about individuals choosing to have diet drinks or not, that's up to them. The petition is about whether something that has been shown to be harmful to some should be put into medications. I am a little shocked at the 'I'm alright Jack' attitude of some of you. I am convinced that diet drinks altered my gut microbiome and helped me on my way to becoming T2. I noticed that Berocca contains aspartame ( I checked the label after a few sleepless nights), personally I would prefer no sweetener. The individual could always add the sweetener of their choice if required.

Reactions: 2 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Perhaps if the OP's original post had not had this statement in it

Major corporations like PepsiCo are beginning to take the artificial sweetener aspartame out of their products in response to consumer demand. What does the science say about how consuming aspartame could be harming your health?

The OP's choice of product to include in his appeal for signatures was what swayed me to post my opposition to signing.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it's even in the stuff you have to drink before having a colonoscopy. Crazy!

If nothing else, there should be warnings for allergy sufferers like there are on foodstuffs.