Pets :)

Millimoi

Hi everyone, I am surprised that I’ve not found a thread on my favourite topic, pets. So I thought I’d make one for us to share our beloved friends who are there through it all. I’ll start off and feel free to use my framework to talk about your own little friends :)
IMG_0716.jpg

Name: Molly (freesia ballerina is her pedigree name)

Breed: Working Cocker Spaniel

Best bits: Everything is exciting to her, always (and I mean always!)

Not so great bits: she has soooooo much energy, which is great at times but can also drive you nuts. She also has severe anxiety around some dogs (we recently learned dogs can have PTSD, which I think makes a lot of sense for her)

IMG_3247.jpg

Name: Beau (or beaufy, beaufort)

Breed: Ask his mum, lol (black and white rescue)

Best bits: he tolerates almost anything, is great with kids and I’ve only seen him aggressive ones (he had a split claw which is very painful, I was trying to treat it - I have training on this, not just doing it blind)

Not so great bits: he is more hairy than he looks, he sheds a lot and leaves hair everywhere

IMG_1166.jpg

Name: Darwin (he was Franklin, then Frankie -that owner thought he was a girl- and is now in his forever home as Darwin, occasionally called Tortilini)

Breed: Red foot tortoise

Best bits: he has so much character, is very friendly and loves company

Not so great bits: he is very intelligent and will work out how to get what he wants even if you think he can’t get it

I’ve had a huge number of other pets but these are the guys I have currently, can’t wait to see everyone else’s :)

endocrinegremlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People telling me how to control my diabetes. My health. Isms. People walking their dogs off leads in illegal areas. Meat that bleeds. Late buses.
Hi everyone, I am surprised that I’ve not found a thread on my favourite topic, pets. So I thought I’d make one for us to share our beloved friends who are there through it all. I’ll start off and feel free to use my framework to talk about your own little friends :)
View attachment 32630

Name: Molly (freesia ballerina is her pedigree name)

Breed: Working Cocker Spaniel

Best bits: Everything is exciting to her, always (and I mean always!)

Not so great bits: she has soooooo much energy, which is great at times but can also drive you nuts. She also has severe anxiety around some dogs (we recently learned dogs can have PTSD, which I think makes a lot of sense for her)

View attachment 32631

Name: Beau (or beaufy, beaufort)

Breed: Ask his mum, lol (black and white rescue)

Best bits: he tolerates almost anything, is great with kids and I’ve only seen him aggressive ones (he had a split claw which is very painful, I was trying to treat it - I have training on this, not just doing it blind)

Not so great bits: he is more hairy than he looks, he sheds a lot and leaves hair everywhere

View attachment 32632

Name: Darwin (he was Franklin, then Frankie -that owner thought he was a girl- and is now in his forever home as Darwin, occasionally called Tortilini)

Breed: Red foot tortoise

Best bits: he has so much character, is very friendly and loves company

Not so great bits: he is very intelligent and will work out how to get what he wants even if you think he can’t get it

I’ve had a huge number of other pets but these are the guys I have currently, can’t wait to see everyone else’s :)

What a beautiful trio!

Reactions: Millimoi

endocrinegremlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People telling me how to control my diabetes. My health. Isms. People walking their dogs off leads in illegal areas. Meat that bleeds. Late buses.
tumblr_nsoeauJJ0v1ryvyooo1_540.jpg

The one at the back is Nico. He is also in my current profile picture. He is a full Lhas Apso. I can't remember his KC name but it is something ridiculous and involves the word 'lord'. He is 6 at the moment. Last summer he suffered a stroke just after turning 6. He has mostly fully recovered and just needs shorter walks and help getting up on to higher beds ect now. He does not walk up stairs the way he used to as his left leg, which was most impacted, drags but he gets there and if I didn't tell you, you'd never know! He is my bud, my son, my heart. He reacts to every hypo and hyper without training and is just...amazing.

The one on the left is Doug. He is part lhasa apso and part....some sort of terrier. My cousin bought him as a full lhasa but he clearly isn't. If he is clipped back you can see his longer snout and once he barks you know that ain't no lhasa bark! There are other clues too. My cousin took him on at a bad time and could not cope so he came to live with us. We call him the young pretender to the throne of King Nico. He is 4.

On the right is Senna. The Princess. 5. Part Lhasa part....something. Her breeder insists she is KC but never coughed up the paperwork. Her parents are beautiful dogs but I suspect maltese is in Senna somewhere. She has a cataract in one eye and hates everyone, ever. She was born in a harsh winter so even though we wrapped her in blankets and wandered the streets with her to meet new dogs there was no one in site. She is very timid and thinks she is the boss until Nico bothers to remind her that no, that is him.

They are a crew, no doubt. Argue with each other but united against the world. As guard dogs one is always watching outside, one asleep and one by the human(s) during the day.

Reactions: 1spuds and Millimoi

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
47070953_10161021909880545_2335027114421518336_n.jpg

Here's our boy. Name is Freddie, ex racing greyhound. He will be 4 in July. We brought him home in October '18.
Likes walks, but is still very much in race mode and kennel mode. Gets spooked very easily by noises he is not familiar with. I think he would like to be a lap dog but as you can see he is a bit big for that.

Currently thinking of another dog to keep him company, a nice lady friend to snuggle up with. Just wondering whether it is fair to get another dog when we have a busy year coming up so the new dog would have to go into kennels which might confuse them.