Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
I’ve been anxious all day:

7.4 @ 6am
7.7 @ 9am
7.7 @ 2pm
5.8 @ 4pm

Amazing how that last figure has changed my “mood”, almost joyous. Do others get that emotional lift?

Reactions: Pasha

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
yep!
Any day that starts in the 4s is a brilliant day. Happened 3 times last year :)

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Any day that starts in the 4s is a brilliant day.
I wish, I’ve yet to experience this. However, I see for you they are also “rare” occasion, which makes me not to be so tough on myself. That doesn’t mean I won’t keep being carbo-vigilant, but be more understanding of my disease and not knock myself out about it. When I see others, who have very successful, sustaining results, I get anxious that I will never get there. But that’s me.

@MrsA2 - Thank you for your open feedback, that’s allowed me to express my “deeper” understanding of myself.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I wish, I’ve yet to experience this. However, I see for you they are also “rare” occasion, which makes me not to be so tough on myself. That doesn’t mean I won’t keep being carbo-vigilant, but be more understanding of my disease and not knock myself out about it. When I see others, who have very successful, sustaining results, I get anxious that I will never get there. But that’s me.

@MrsA2 - Thank you for your open feedback, that’s allowed me to express my “deeper” understanding of myself.
As has been said and you have seen, meters differ: people differ and Any day stress, food, random fluctuations will all impact what you read. What's important I think is your trends and perhaps how your hba1c maps as much as you can read it to against those trends

You don't need to be hard on yourself, if you are reading 7s and your hba1c is okay on that meter then if you start, say, reading higher then that's when you might have a look to see what's changed

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My average over past month is 6.2
I mostly measure first thing in the morning, and occasionally after new or carby food.
Yes 4s make me happy all day but they are very rare and I have no idea why they sometimes appear.
Likewise I have no idea why my fbg has been steadily but slowly increasing for 14 straight days now. I did wonder if it was weather related (snow) as nothing else has changed.;)
It is indeed a strange and individual condition. I think factors we haven't even discovered yet come into play

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I think factors we haven't even discovered yet come into play
Understood - I'd like to see what a non-Diab is getting over this period?

Once agaain thanks for your positive contribution to my thread - it's good to share our experiences. I'm going to bed on a 6.3, see what the morning brings.