Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
Hi everyone,

I have started physiotherapy post a knee injury, following a med accident previous to that.
My body has been hurting for the past four years (with tremor, electric sensations), and I hope physiotherapy exercises help.- whatever the causes are. I am lucky to have a very nice team to help me at the Physiotherapy Clinic. Apparently exercise is good for diabetes, but I am not sure what the cause of the tremor is; it started post a vaccine in 2019-18 (forget) but also a med accident, and a UTI (sepsis, maybe).

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Apparently exercise is good for diabetes, but I am not sure what the cause of the tremor is; it started post a vaccine in 2019-18 (forget) but also a med accident, and a UTI (sepsis, maybe).

I take it your doctors haven't been able to suggest a cause?

In any case exercise is good for everybody, including diabetics, and I personally have noticed a big improvement in my health since taking much more exercise about ten years ago. At the time, a congenital back issue was giving me pain if I stood or walked for more than 30 minutes and a back surgeon said that he could operate, but there was a good chance that physio would work. Physio worked for me then, (lots of core exercises) and exercise has stopped a reoccurrence. So I am a big fan of physio if it is needed, and exercise in general.

Hopefully your physio will help you as much as mine helped me.

Reactions: Hopeful34

Dandelade

Nothing useful to add but physios are great. When doctors haven’t helped (or more likely been on a timer to get you out), physios on more than one occasion have spotted the problem and made the right call/ referral, as well as being really great in helping you develop the specific exercise/ muscle group you need.

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
I take it your doctors haven't been able to suggest a cause?

In any case exercise is good for everybody, including diabetics, and I personally have noticed a big improvement in my health since taking much more exercise about ten years ago. At the time, a congenital back issue was giving me pain if I stood or walked for more than 30 minutes and a back surgeon said that he could operate, but there was a good chance that physio would work. Physio worked for me then, (lots of core exercises) and exercise has stopped a reoccurrence. So I am a big fan of physio if it is needed, and exercise in general.

Hopefully your physio will help you as much as mine helped me.

I am so glad to read that you escaped back surgery through physio. I think back surgery is a really delicate operation with many risks. As for my tremor, I have not been given a definite reply about it. My previous long-suffering dr. said she did not know, another said long-standing diabetes. Checking my time diary, I would say it was drug-induced stroke or medical error, tardive dyskinisia from long, long li treatment, maybe post vaccine effect in 2018.