1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Pinto, Courgette & Mushroom Bake - is it okay?

Discussion in 'Vegetarian Diet Forum' started by FranOnTheEdge, Mar 7, 2016.

1. FranOnTheEdge

FranOnTheEdge Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I might used 3 ounzes of the tinned Pinto Beans, or I might have just used a single tin, it was probably a whole tin, because I can't remember having any left over - because I couldn't be bothered with soaking the dried ones overnight, and boiling and all that faff - didn't think about 3 ounces of dried being so much more after soaking and boiling - and it still tasted lovely.
    Yes, I know I need to start testing, I'm just trying to pluck up the courage... I might just wait until Saturday, when Ian can do it for me and that way get me used to it.

2. SunnyExpat

SunnyExpat Prefer not to say · Well-Known Member

Do it now, it's something you need to be doing to get an understanding of foods.

3. debrasue

debrasue · Guest

This book has been a huge help to me: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Carbs-Cals-Count-Calories-Photos/dp/1908261064

4. FranOnTheEdge

I'm doing it, I'm doing it. sheesh, such a bully! ROFL!
    By the way, waiting until the weekend so Ian could start with the stabbing worked well, letting me segue into doing it myself more gently than plunging straight in - like the swimming pool, I prefer to ease into things.

5. FranOnTheEdge

• Winner Winner x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook