1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Pioglitazone

Discussion in 'Sulphonylureas & Prandial Glucose Regulators' started by lanzlady, Mar 3, 2014.

1. lanzlady

lanzlady · Well-Known Member

Hi was wondering if anyone is on this medication or have tried it ?

Thanks in advance
    Lanzlady

2. catherinecherub

catherinecherub · Guest

Hi,

I haven't heard anyone mention it lately but if you do a search on the forum for Actos quite a few posts come up.

I am bumping your post up to see if you get an answer.

3. lanzlady

lanzlady · Well-Known Member

Thank you Catherine...I have decided against taking this drug and Gp agreed with me far too many bad side effects
    to cope with ..I know every medication has side effects ..but I am not willing to take the risk of this one which has known side effects of bladder cancer
    & bone fractures as stated by my D. DR. Starting mix of insulin twice a day soon along with 3 x 500 metfomin SR
    so hopefully something will happen..

4. Susiespearish

Susiespearish Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I have been prescribed this Lanzlady ...15mg once a day ,but have yet to take it after reading the side effects .It is supposed to be a good drug for people in heart failure like myself but 1 in 10 people reported weight gain and I'm not prepared to risk it .

5. borderter

borderter Type 2 · Well-Known Member

After going on this decided quite logically in my mind set at the time to end it all ,was not depressed or anything just couldnt see the point in it all as we are all going to die in the end .Told dns this and was swiftly taken off the drug and have never before or since felt that way scary

6. Susiespearish

Susiespearish Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Wow ...so sorry to hear about that Borderter.So glad I didn't take that !

7. Pauntiep

Pauntiep Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Why/how does Pioglitazone cause weight gain?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook