Plastics link to diabetes

Dipsy2

I wondered if others had seen this?

Common plastics chemical linked to human diseases
http://www.reuters.com/article/healthNe ... 3220080916

A few quotes from the article:
But British researchers, who published their findings on Tuesday in the Journal of the American Medical Association, analyzed urine and blood samples from 1,455 U.S. adults aged 18 to 74 who were representative of the general population.
Using government health data, they found that the 25 percent of people with the highest levels of bisphenol A in their bodies were more than twice as likely to have heart disease and, or diabetes compared to the 25 percent of with the lowest levels….

…Animal studies have suggested the chemical may disrupt hormones, especially estrogen.

BPA is used to make polycarbonate plastic, a clear shatter-resistant material in products ranging from baby and water bottles to plastic eating utensils to sports safety equipment and medical devices.
It also is used to make durable epoxy resins used as the coating in most food and beverage cans and in dental fillings.
People can consume BPA when it leaches out of plastic into liquid such as baby formula, water or food inside a container.

(I can't seem to log in under my original user name - I think I got wiped!! :roll: :mrgreen: )

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
One of the unavoidable hazards of living on this planet full of modern humans is that we ingest,absorb,and inhale the by- products of modern human living.The answer,there isn't one!Maybe live at the Arctic circle but then again we would pollute that too!!I stopped worrying after Chernobyl ,after all I have to breathe!!If there is something tangible that I can do,then fair enough.But when it's something I have not control over..well that's life here as we know it.