Please help! Anyone been told this by a GP??

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Am I correct in thinking; If you eliminated carbs more or less completely for so long, your body will have to switch 'back' from Ketosis (burning fats for fuel) back to burning carbs and glucose as its prime energy source? This could be contributing to feeling so rubbishy if you're in that transition adjustment stage (?)
- I do know I haven't found a doctor or dietitian yet who hasn't ''sung of their guessing NHS songsheet'' on giving advice of how best to manage RH. I've had some pretty ridiculous advice in the last few weeks alone and just found trial and error and keeping my own records, finding what works for me personally to be the best way forwards. The nausea could be due to stomach acid I wonder as our stomachs aren't really designed to be so carb/roughage free, especially for so long.. When I was on very low carb/carb free I know I got a lot of nausea and found it better when I have small aounts of brown rice and maybe an oatcake here and there throughout the day to dry that 'urrgh' feeling up. Fruits also turned my stomach especially acidy ones. (Just thinking out loud here!) Hope you can find your feet again!

Yes, you may be correct in your assessment of what is happening. Coming out of ketosis with good awareness of hypers and hypos, you will feel awful. That is my experience. The symptoms go away in ketosis, they come back when you are out of ketosis.
So, because of that, I intentionally remain in ketosis, now in or nearly four years now! And I'm really healthy for an oap!
As it often repeated on this forum, we are all so individual like fingerprints, not one of us can say do this and that and the other to treat our conditions exactly like this.
It won't work! Our gut biotic balance bacteria is so diverse that only finding what works for you is so important.
Our initial and secondary response in glucose, insulin and other hormones to what we eat is completely different.
Our tolerances to carbs and sugars can vary widely.
I can eat small pieces of fruit but can't touch a potato without going hyper.
Same with wheat and grain. I have a dairy intolerance because of lactose but can get away with full fat yoghurt! But full fat milk and cream is toxic!
I eat to my meter, I avoid carbs like they are poisonous!
My taste buds hate foods I can eat, so my diet avoid some vegetables, but I love salad vegetables.
We can only give examples of how we cope. But the only true indicator that groups of foods to avoid are the usual suspects, namely carbs!
And hope and encourage for those who have this weird condition find their balance.
I have wrote a blog of my experience trying to get a referral and diagnosis it is in one of my links below. Most GPs don't have the necessary training to understand our weirdness, hence the illogical advice is you get, dieticians and dsns are the same.
It is not surprising that so many are not diagnosed or ill because of dietary advice.

Best wishes

Last edited:
Reactions: KerryWilloughby