1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Please May we have a Mody section

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Flora123, Oct 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flora123

Flora123 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Trying to find out more about Mody but it’s laborious trawling through threads via a search. Please may we have a separate section. I’m being tested but would love to find out more about this rare form of diabetes. thanks

2. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi @Flora123

This has only recently been discussed, in the thread linked here

There is now a pinned MODY thread here, which I believe you are already participating in.

This thread will now be locked to further replies.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Flora, this very question was answered a few days ago.

The reality is we have very modest numbers of members registered as living with MODY, and indeed in the last year, only 5 signed up to the site. Based on that, and the many other unusual types of diabetes without sub-for, a sub forum won't be created at his time. There is now a pinned thread in the Type 1 section of the Forum. If that thread and others take off, things can be reconsidered, but for now, it won't be happening.

(On aside, even if there was a sub-section created, that would not corale any content mentioning MODY into it, so it wouldn't solve the issue you seem to be facing.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook