Please Share Your meal plan for new member

aguswei

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi guys, please help us to share your healthy meal plan ( Breakfast, lunch, snack and Dinner) For us (newbie). So we can make have a good idea for the next day with your meal plan. Hope this forum can help us to maintain our glucose level..

Reactions: 2 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi! We have various sub forums for people who prefer different ways of eating to manage their diabetes: low carb higher fat, low calorie, vegetarian/vegan, etc, and each of these will have suitable threads covering recipes and what members eat on a regular basis, so go and have a browse through the one that you think might suit you best.

I find a low carb diet higher fat is the best for me as carbohydrates raise our glucose levels, and eating this way has helped me reduce and control my levels very well.

Robbity

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Hi guys, please help us to share your healthy meal plan ( Breakfast, lunch, snack and Dinner) For us (newbie). So we can make have a good idea for the next day with your meal plan. Hope this forum can help us to maintain our glucose level..
How many of you are there?

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I find BF to be if the utmost important to get right. If I mess that up the whole day is messed up. I am now insulin dependent type 1 but need to eat the same as when I was type 2.

BF. 1/2 an avocado smashed with sea salt into guac with celery or 1 piece organic deli turkey with mustard and mayo on romaine lettuce leaf. I need a small BF as I am most insulin resistant in the morning, as most of us are

Lunch. 2 oz protein usually with mayo and scallions on a lettuce wrap. Celery radish guac

Dinner. Lettuce wrap or salad with 3 oz protein Evoo or mayo. Maybe a steamed veg like asparagus, broccoli cauliflower

Snacks. A few nuts or olives.
I seem to need a bedtime snack so maybe a scoop of peanut butter on a piece of celery

Small meals work best for me and I don't require a ton of calories.
I need to moderate protein to no more than 4 oz per meal , keep carbs under 20 and fill in the rest with healthy fats. I do best with mono vs saturated.

YMMV