Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Reactions: 2 people

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Not trying to rub your nose but just 5% is 3250000. so lets say quarter mil buy a loaf once a week. Not bad bump on bread sales

The UK average of diabetics as a percentage of the population is actually 4.6% https://www.diabetes.org.uk/prevalence-2012

So your 5% figure is pretty accurate but what you havent taken into account is that only a minute number of those 3250,000 actually eat a very low carb diet, I dont know the numbers and I doubt that anyone else does but it is going to be a very very small percentage indeed probably somewhere around a quarter of a percent as the vast majority of diabetics are able to and do eat breads of one description or another.

I doubt any of the few remaining large bakery companies would risk launching a product that only a few thousand people wanted to buy.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree that the vast majority of diabetics probably do eat bread, but then the vast majority of diabetics do not control their diabetes well.

When I initially read the OP, I thought "Why bother? Just don't eat bread" But maybe Hovis could make a greater name for themselves by actually producing a low carb bread and then marketing it explaining why reducing carb intake is important to diabetics (and the obese).

Sadly I feel most diabetics eat bread because they don't know it can raise their BG's and therefore cause them harm.

So yes tweeting Hovis is a great idea.

Olaf-Jensen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree that the vast majority of diabetics probably do eat bread, but then the vast majority of diabetics do not control their diabetes well.

When I initially read the OP, I thought "Why bother? Just don't eat bread" But maybe Hovis could make a greater name for themselves by actually producing a low carb bread and then marketing it explaining why reducing carb intake is important to diabetics (and the obese).

Sadly I feel most diabetics eat bread because they don't know it can raise their BG's and therefore cause them harm.

Thanks

NowClosed11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I do agree here ...but alas I also know the mountain it is...however ...tweet sent !!!!