Poor Medical Advice

nickm

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Some overweight doctors have threatened legal action against me if I publicly reveal how I stay thin and never hungry despite being 56, type1 and on lots of prednisone.
If your doctor does not support free discussion of new approaches to obesity, it is not surprising that you are in this part of the forum.
Current medical treatments for obesity are not working, yet pathetic doctors are going to extraordinary lengths to maintain the current paradigm.

CapnGrumpy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Legal action on what grounds? There's an enormous amount of dietary advice available across multiple media (some useful, some not) and I've never heard of anyone being sued because of it.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
But medical professionals will like face trials and tribulations for challenging the status quo...
https://www.facebook.com/myHbA1c/posts/1790891517821973

It takes great courage for them to choose to save lives rather than their livelihood...
I like her use of the term Low Carb Healthy Fat. I have always thought that Low Carb High Fat was inaccurate and more than a little off putting. In future when I read LCHF I shall take it to mean Healthy Fat.

Reactions: 6 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some overweight doctors have threatened legal action against me if I publicly reveal how I stay thin and never hungry despite being 56, type1 and on lots of prednisone.
If your doctor does not support free discussion of new approaches to obesity, it is not surprising that you are in this part of the forum.
Current medical treatments for obesity are not working, yet pathetic doctors are going to extraordinary lengths to maintain the current paradigm.

Well, we publicly reveal how WE do it all the time. And there is masses of information all over the internet, covering diabetic weight loss and gain, hunger, and the impact of medication. I am not aware of threats of legal action over it.

Just checking - you aren't intending trying to sell your method to us, are you?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It isn't illegal to disagree with your Doctor about the guidance you have been given. Where there might be an issue is where you slander or commit libel activity they choose to challenge.

In the past, I have challenged medical advice on both diabetes management and lipid control, and never been threatened with any form of action against my enquiring mind. I do always ensure I never personally insult the advisor as I believe they are usually doing their best in the face of the information they have available to them.

It's a pity we find ourselves in these situations, but I just tend to try to get on with looking after myself as well as I can, whilst maintain the relationship with my Medics, as there may come a point I need them more than they need me.