Portable insulin refrigerator/cooler

Don66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi . Can anyone advise me of a good make when travelling to carry my insulin. Been looking on amazon but any ideas would be helpful.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Frio bag if to keep cool in warm climates for up to a month. Or do you mean travelling for months at a time without access to a refrigerator?

Don66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Frio bag if to keep cool in warm climates for up to a month. Or do you mean travelling for months at a time without access to a refrigerator?
Going on a cruise and room doesn't seem to have a fridge and will also be on a lot of day trips off the boat x

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Going on a cruise and room doesn't seem to have a fridge and will also be on a lot of day trips off the boat x

Hi,

Sounds nice.

How long is the cruise?

D

Deleted Account

Sounds fun.
I would second @Antje77 with Frio bags.
I have taken them on walking trips in distant locations where tents have no fridges and found them great for keeping insulin cool in my bag.
They can be “topped up” and reused again and again and again. My Frio bag is 15 years old and going strong.

Reactions: Don66

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Its for 2 weeks

I've used Frio wallets myself. i recommend them.
Take a look online. work out how much insulin supplies you'd take, (including a little extra.) ;)
Then pick an appropriate bag/s size to accommodate.. :)

Reactions: Don66

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Frio bags help a lot but don't cool by much. I'm waiting for China to produce a small, low-cost USB fridge but nothing yet.