Positive for covid and scared

Lynz84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi guys,

I just tested positive for covid, and I am terrified. Do any of you who have gone through this have any advice?

Soplewis12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Grumpy People
Hi guys,

I just tested positive for covid, and I am terrified. Do any of you who have gone through this have any advice?
Hi Lynz, I hope you are feeling OK so far. I had covid in Oct 20 & am also type 1. Just monitor your BG often. You may not be the same but I suffered unexplained lows as well as the expected highs (with being ill). Plenty of fluids, flu capsules, etc.
Fingers x'd you'll do OK

Reactions: Lynz84

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I would get a £15.00 Pulse Oximeter. This proved I had a complication of Covid with low blood oxygen levels. You may have a smartwatch that measures SP02, where you will want to see between 95 and 100.

If you do measure and go below 92, get advice from 111.

It is likely based on the stats that you will be ok, but the 2 big gateway complications Covid Pneumonia and Covid Pnemenitis (which is what I got) sneak up without the host knowing; so the SATS reading on the meter / smartwatch, for me is essential - Government should be communicating this.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys,

Hi @Lynz84 ,

Have you tested positive due to related symptoms? Or positive due to contact with a known person with covid?

Lynz84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks so much guys. I actually thought I just had a bad cold and then lost the taste and smell. BGs not too bad holding around 10mmls and no ketones. Just frightened of the unpredictability of both covid and diabetes!!!