Positive

philly1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all! Huge thankyou to everyone who has offered advice and support. Had some great results and starting to feel alot more upbeat and in control.
How is everybody else getting on?

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
That's great news. Slowly it will all come together, barring the occasional leaps on to the roller coaster that we all go through, and then you can start living your life the way you want to, and not have to spend your time worrying and stressed out :)

Reactions: philly1991

philly1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's great news. Slowly it will all come together, barring the occasional leaps on to the roller coaster that we all go through, and then you can start living your life the way you want to, and not have to spend your time worrying and stressed out :)

Wish I'd just accepted it sooner and got on with the job without all the struggles and the set backs and the resistance but the main thing is I'm slowly but surely bringing it back on track. Hopefully my next hba1c reflects the hard work!

Reactions: WuTwo

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @philly1991 - good to hear it :)

It's not a walk in the park and you have to take the rough with the smooth, but taking good care of yourself is vital, don't be afraid to speak out if you need support.

Reactions: philly1991
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Glad to hear you're feeling better!

Good levels make me feel better, and when I'm high I just feel worse and it takes its toll. Really is a vicious cycle!

Feel free to chat to me whenever you like, or even need a diabetes boost!
I also highly recommend making a diabetes-based instagram account as the community on there is huge, super positive and supportive! :happy: