Post prandial blood sugar target on low carb

Sapien

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What is a good post meal blood sugar target when eating low carb (100-140 grams/day)? (Not keto)

I have noticed that my blood sugar stays above pre-meal longer when eating low carb (especially when there is more fat in the meal) Even though it rises less initially, it seems to take somewhat longer to fall back to the pre-meal level.

When eating more carbs in a meal I now try to only eat enough carbs that I stay below 120 (6.7). I used to think staying below 140 (7.8) was reasonable, but I have found that I can’t always do so consistently if I eat mostly what I had considered healthy carbs in the same meal (beans, sweet potatoes, quinoa, oatmeal, etc.). A bit too much margin for error.

Now I am trying to lower carbs more, but without losing weight. What would be a reasonable target for post-meal on a low carb meal? Below 100 (5.6)?

My target is just blood glucose control and not weight loss.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What is a good post meal blood sugar target when eating low carb (100-140 grams/day)? (Not keto)

I have noticed that my blood sugar stays above pre-meal longer when eating low carb (especially when there is more fat in the meal) Even though it rises less initially, it seems to take somewhat longer to fall back to the pre-meal level.

When eating more carbs in a meal I now try to only eat enough carbs that I stay below 120 (6.7). I used to think staying below 140 (7.8) was reasonable, but I have found that I can’t always do so consistently if I eat mostly what I had considered healthy carbs in the same meal (beans, sweet potatoes, quinoa, oatmeal, etc.). A bit too much margin for error.

Now I am trying to lower carbs more, but without losing weight. What would be a reasonable target for post-meal on a low carb meal? Below 100 (5.6)?

My target is just blood glucose control and not weight loss.
What meter do you use ?

Sapien

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Contour Next One or Relion Premier- mostly the Relion since the strips are cheap. (I double check with the Contour when I get an unexpected reading and about once a week fasting. The Contour is usually +/- 6 mg/dL (0.4 mmol) of the Relion. I know home meters aren’t super accurate.

I am looking for trends and have been testing quite frequently to see the effect different foods, food combinations and exercise have on me.