HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Good morning everybody
I want to get some information about the cells problem (Post Receptor Defect)

I hope to find here someone who has some information on the subject

It is known that the cause of insulin resistance is obesity but are there other reasons ?

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
"It is known that the cause of insulin resistance is obesity but are there other reasons ?"

I am a T2 and although I was a "chubby child" I slimmed down in my early teens and have never been more than a few pounds overweight since then as I always refused to buy bigger jeans so as soon as they were too tight I lost the few extra pounds.
I am sure mine was life style. Stressful job, not the best of diets and I am sure a big factor was chronic lack of sleep so you don't even have to be overweight to be insulin resistant. I had a liver and pancreas scan (just the one done with the hand held scanner) and was told that I didn't have a fatty liver or pancreas.

Reactions: HICHAM_T2

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is known that the cause of insulin resistance is obesity but
I don't have any particular knowledge of PRD but you should note that some people think your statement is the wrong way around and obesity is the result not the cause.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Although I was obese on diagnosis, I agree with @Arab Horse that a lot of other factors come into play. I was working shifts in a stressful job for 36 years before diagnosis and survived on way less sleep than I should have had.