1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Post vitrectomy re-occurent bleeds?

Discussion in 'Diabetic Retinopathy' started by lefeilouss, Oct 8, 2018.

1. lefeilouss

lefeilouss Type 2 · Active Member

Hi

For those who had vitrectomy before, do u get bleeds again every other month ( black floating lines which dissoved after a while and blur up the vision) ?
    Since my vitrectomy early this year i notice every other 2 months I get bleeds again but whn i check with my doctor he says its fine.

Was wondering anyone experience the same? It is quite annoying as the vision gets blur again and gotta wait weeks for the blood to clear up.

Weirdly the bleeds always happens a few days afrer. my check up with my doctor and he says my eyes are back to normal..

BSL is always in range on low carb diet HbA1C last week checked was 6.3

Anyone?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. aniratefan

aniratefan Type 1 · Member

Yes I do, I have retinal detachment in my left eye and macular degeneration in the right, it looks kinda like a wave in my eye, sometimes I get the odd spot. I used to get the blurry vision a lot and it would last for weeks at a time while I was having a lot of surgery, laser and injections but now I don't get the blurred eye nearly as often and it only last for a few hours usually if I've woken up hypoing. I did go back the first few time this happened and most of the time was told it's fine, sometime they do a bit of touch up laser on some of the vessels

• Like Like x 1
  3. lefeilouss

lefeilouss Type 2 · Active Member

i hope i dont have to go through another vitrectomy? as this bleed this time dowsnt seem to go away and it feels like the first time whn i had to go for a vitrectomy which worries me alot sighs..

• Hug Hug x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook