Post Vitrectomy Recovery

lefeilouss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi

I just had Vitrectomy done 4 weeks ago and has gas bubble filled in my eye.

The doctor told me that I would have to go for another surgery to flushout the remaining blood and at the same time for a cataract surgery done ) due to vitrectomy) in abt 2 months time

Has anyone exeperience this before?

Also, was wondering how long does it take for the vision to be back again? As till now my vision is still conpletely BLURRED OUT.

Hope someone could share their experiences with me here

Thanks

lefeilouss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've been reading about this kind of stuff lately because with macular and retinopathy issues including edema and leaks, I also have fuchs dystrophy and cataracts

From what I can ascertain, the more different disorders you have, the longer the recovery from the vitretomy and there is a delicate balance over which procedure can be done together and how far apart they must be. Here is one article that covers worst case scenarios

https://www.reviewofophthalmology.com/article/complications-of-vitreoretinal-surgery

don't know if this helps. I have a hard time understanding this stuff which is partly new diagnoses for me

Evidently, one week is the minimum for the blurriness, three weeks not uncommon and depending on the complications there are different solutions.

Hi

Thanks for the advice and the link sent

Will have a look and was searching the forum and there are quite a number of members here who had this many years back

Was hoping someone could share their experience with me.

Highly appreciate your reply