Pot Noodles - tobacco for youngsters

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Following my trip to Japan I just posted a blog about pot noodles - please read and see if you can encourage your friends to destock instant pot noodles !
DeCfbEkW0AAf9gQ.jpg

DeCk45DWAAEgcZc.jpg

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
In my opinion the only things that will survive a nuclear holocaust are cockroaches, some grasses and Ramen noodles.

Reactions: CherryAA
D

Deleted member 308541

In my opinion the only things that will survive a nuclear holocaust are cockroaches, some grasses and Ramen noodles.
They reckon that rabbits and drop bears will out live us as well here in Australia.

I used to like noodles, they made a quick meal at work.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
see if you can encourage your friends to destock instant pot noodles !

Us over 65s destocked our noodle supplies many years ago LOL. I was trying to work out why my group of friends have never gone near them (to my knowledge) and I think it's something to do with several friends, being chemists, working for the same company that used to be called PPP that made the flavourings for companies like Batchelors.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I shock the young things at work when I tell them.... "I've never had a pot noodle"!.
:)

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I used to love 2 min noodles (before being diabetic)! But their nutrition info is enough to put anyone off.

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Yes, in the 2000s sooooo many young people I knew subsisted on pot noodles (my own kids included - cringe! argh! bang head!) (I knew not what I did when I bought them in bulk for the pantry). Since my diagnosis my daughter keeps them to a bare minimum, but hard to cut them out completely. (Unless one's health has been/was rooted of course! With toxic food like pot noodles!)

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dear Cherry,

Really interested in your trip to Japan but did not see your post on pot noodles. If you are talking about those dried instant things with a lot of artificial flavorings including MSG (headaches and sodium!), high carbs and other nasty stuff, I gave them up long ago.

I do, however, succumb to the rare treat of Japanese dried buckwheat noodles, and the rare bean threads, but I do not make them a normal feature of my diet.

The pot noodles post is in my blog, alongside another rant about the poor unfortunate populace of Camberwell!

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Packets of noodles, along with flapjacks and porridge oats, used to be the the main things I'd pack when going walking for more than a day.

I'm sorry to say I'll be going back to them next time I'm out walking, too, to see what effect they have. It's just an experiment and probably a one-off, but there is reasoning behind it, and I can certainly avoid big spikes if I eat carbs just before / during big walks.

Anyway, to support the notion of this thread, I was having a conversation with someone at work about Pot Noodles, and he said he'd never consider eating them because they remind him of the contents of a hoover bag.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Dear Cherry,

Really interested in your trip to Japan but did not see your post on pot noodles. If you are talking about those dried instant things with a lot of artificial flavorings including MSG (headaches and sodium!), high carbs and other nasty stuff, I gave them up long ago.

I do, however, succumb to the rare treat of Japanese dried buckwheat noodles, and the rare bean threads, but I do not make them a normal feature of my diet.
I agree @Contralto I use konjac noodles instead................... 0 carbs

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Hi
My wife, son and I were looking at universities earlier this year and one of the universities were giving them away FREE to students!
I kid you not.

Being of the coeliac flavour I examined the carb content of a new GF version of pot noodles in asda.......
65g of carbs!
65g!

I had to sit down.

Tony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi
My wife, son and I were looking at universities earlier this year and one of the universities were giving them away FREE to students!
I kid you not.

Being of the coeliac flavour I examined the carb content of a new GF version of pot noodles in asda.......
65g of carbs!
65g!

I had to sit down.

Tony

Shocking isn't it :wideyed: