Prediabetes Pre cooked meals

Bigbloke48

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lies,
Good morning all. My 71 years old Brother has just been told he is borderline pre-diabetes. He is also recovering from a stroke which has left him with very Limited mobility and increasingly limiting use of only one hand. In addition. He has worsening Cataracts so his vision is impaired. He can't prepare fresh food and cook from scratch any more so now mainly calls for Takeaways. So. The question(s):
  • If any other readers are in a similar position how do they manage this?
  • what support do you receive and who is the support provider?
I have thought that a home pre-cooked meal delivery company may be the solution but will be guided by answers from forum users.

In anticipation. Thank you

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the tag @Goonergal

There are some great providers out there although it can be expensive i find.

I live in Blackpool and am fortunate to have ketokitchenlytham.co.uk on my doorstep. Amazing company. Check out their website for info. They have started to deliver further afield. There are others, for example LOW carb food
company. UK LOW carb too (great cakes).

I hope your brother makes a swift recovery. Very challenging and worrying time for all concerned.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the tag @Goonergal

There are some great providers out there although it can be expensive i find.

I live in Blackpool and am fortunate to have ketokitchenlytham.co.uk on my doorstep. Amazing company. Check out their website for info. They have started to deliver further afield. There are others, for example LOW carb food
company. UK LOW carb too (great cakes).

I hope your brother makes a swift recovery. Very challenging and worrying time for all concerned.