Pre Diabetes blood glucose levels

Wharrior

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Im new to this and probably this question has been asked many times before, but here goes:- I am prediabetic and have for the last 4 years tried to reduce my levels through diet and exercise. I have cut carbs and even hidden sugars from my diet I am now within limits BMI weight etc and I exercise regularly but the levels have not dropped at all :( So I bought a blood glucose testing kit and am trying to establish which foods cause my levels to spike so I can avoid them. However I have no base line to start from - can anyone please advise?

Im not even sure if this is the correct way to ask on this forum?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Im new to this and probably this question has been asked many times before, but here goes:- I am prediabetic and have for the last 4 years tried to reduce my levels through diet and exercise. I have cut carbs and even hidden sugars from my diet I am now within limits BMI weight etc and I exercise regularly but the levels have not dropped at all :( So I bought a blood glucose testing kit and am trying to establish which foods cause my levels to spike so I can avoid them. However I have no base line to start from - can anyone please advise?

Your post is just fine. Here is some info about blood sugar levels. Have a read and come back if you have more questions:

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes_care/blood-sugar-level-ranges.html

Cocosilk

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Treatment type
Insulin

If you'd like to hear advice about what you're eating and which foods might still be giving you trouble, you could tell us what you typically eat and drink in a day, and if you've been testing your blood glucose levels, what numbers are you getting first thing in the morning and 2 hours after meals?
I'm sure the experienced folk on this forum will be able to point you in the right direction.

Reactions: bulkbiker

Wharrior

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you'd like to hear advice about what you're eating and which foods might still be giving you trouble, you could tell us what you typically eat and drink in a day, and if you've been testing your blood glucose levels, what numbers are you getting first thing in the morning and 2 hours after meals?
I'm sure the experienced folk on this forum will be able to point you in the right direction.
Thank you I will take you up on your offer. Also is it normal to feel very hungry all day and night?

Cocosilk

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you I will take you up on your offer. Also is it normal to feel very hungry all day and night?

If you are eating low carb and not enough fats, you might feel hungry. Low calorie diets tend to leave people hungry, which is why they are hard to stick to long term.

Wharrior

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you are eating low carb and not enough fats, you might feel hungry. Low calorie diets tend to leave people hungry, which is why they are hard to stick to long term.
What foods would you recommend eating to increase fats to help with the hunger pangs?

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What foods would you recommend eating to increase fats to help with the hunger pangs?

Protein food, like meat, eggs. Fats from nuts (almonds, brazil etc.). Protein makes you feel fuller for longer, same with fats. Be careful with the nuts though as they are very calorie dense. Sure some of the low carb peeps on here will be able to offer more advise.