pre-diabetes, fasting blood sugars.

• Thread starter catherinecherub
  • Start Date

PreDiet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.9 !! Bloody diet fizzy drink ( didn't check label) had 'trace' sugars in it !!!

Reactions: Prem51

PreDiet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4, disappointing as my post meal (2 hr) reading last night was 4.5
I had this trouble turned out to be my morning meds ( for BP) which I take first b4 anything else , there is also a condition called liver dump . I recently went up into the 7's again for no reason I can understand . Good luck hope it sorts out (y)

Reactions: Rustytypin

Daveyoke

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hello I'm Dave and I am a newbie,I have just done a fasting test and I was 11.3 at 9-30 am . I've just had doctors ring me with confirmation that I am pre diabetic after a 2nd hba1c blood test,my result was 45mmol so I have to go and see a nurse in a couple of weeks time .can someone please tell me what to expect when I see her many thanks and kind regards

PreDiet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello I'm Dave and I am a newbie,I have just done a fasting test and I was 11.3 at 9-30 am . I've just had doctors ring me with confirmation that I am pre diabetic after a 2nd hba1c blood test,my result was 45mmol so I have to go and see a nurse in a couple of weeks time .can someone please tell me what to expect when I see her many thanks and kind regards
I was diagnosed this February , my HBa1c was 42 ~ This is what happened at my surgery ~~ The clinician will weigh you and take yr blood pressure , mine didn't take a BG test ( Blood glucose) . I had a dietary information lecture (friendly one) and was asked about if I smoked or drank alcohol . I was also asked if I wanted to join 'Healthier you' NHS Diabetes prevention Programme ( it took 2 months for that to come through tho) .
This forum and this website will help you with a lot of questions you have ~ Hope this helped ~ Pre-Diet

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had this trouble turned out to be my morning meds ( for BP) which I take first b4 anything else , there is also a condition called liver dump . I recently went up into the 7's again for no reason I can understand . Good luck hope it sorts out (y)
I'm not on any meds, so I think it is just something that I will have to work thru in time. At the moment I'm trying various options to get the fasting down, principally reducing carb intake in the evening.

Stevia_queen

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I'm not on any meds, so I think it is just something that I will have to work thru in time. At the moment I'm trying various options to get the fasting down, principally reducing carb intake in the evening.
try eating more fat no carbs in evening. take a teaspoon of coconut oil and a shot glass of apple cider vinegar.
also too much protein can make the liver turn proteins into glycogen thus creating liver dump at dawn and higher bs fasting. look up ketogenic diet.

Last edited:

PreDiet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.6 Girl's night out last night higher later (after breakfast):(

kumera

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 Had a around 6.3- 6-5 all Easter because I've been eating at odd times. Seems like my FBG is higher if I'm hungry when I go to bed or wake up hungry. Anyone experienced this? Maybe my liver thinks I'm starving and wants to help ;) Every time I eat heaps, low carb, and feel really full at around 7pm I've got a better FBG!!

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
try eating more fat no carbs in evening. take a teaspoon of coconut oil and a shot glass of apple cider vinegar.
also too much protein can make the liver turn proteins into glycogen thus creating liver dump at dawn and higher bs fasting. look up ketogenic diet.
Thanks - will try the apple cider vinegar.